Wiki Posts
Search

Difficulty adding CX FF number to US award booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold, AA, UA, DL
Difficulty adding CX FF number to US award booking

I made an award booking through AA using a mix of US and BA flights. I am CX Gold and want to add my CX number to my booking so that I get preferred seat selection, extra baggage, etc. I did specify my number when booking through AA - but it did not come through to US when I looked up my reservation using the US PNR.

Called US and could not get through at all the first few times. On the third or fourth try I finally reached an agent who refused to add my CX number on the grounds that it was an award booking. I explained I wanted it added for the elite benefits and not to earn miles, she said she would add it. I said thank you and goodbye.

Now I see my FF number listed as 51111111111 (US Airways) which is obviously not what I gave the agent.

Did I just get a spiteful agent or does US have a policy against adding FF numbers to award bookings?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:02 am

Call back, then check your reservation again. The CX number can be added to the award flight.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tearsplash
Now I see my FF number listed as 51111111111 (US Airways) which is obviously not what I gave the agent.

Did I just get a spiteful agent or does US have a policy against adding FF numbers to award bookings?
That number is what a lot of agents will put into an award booking when the booking DM member doesn't know the passenger's FF#. No idea why the agent chose to put it into your reservation.

There is no policy against this, but it is a common misunderstanding amongst agents. I've had the very same polite, clarifying conversation with a few agents -- and I'm a top tier elite, so I tend to get the best agents they have.

I suggest calling back and telling an agent that when you booked you didn't have your number handy and could they please insert it now. That agent might not even realize it's an award reservation. If they do, you can always explain the benefits as you did last time I'm sure you'll ultimately find one willing to do it.

If you can wait a few days, I'd call back Monday or after. It's the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in the US, so a large percentage of the most senior and experienced call center agents won't be working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.