Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
US Airways has issued a Travel Advisory:
http://www.usairways.com/TravelCenter/Advisories.aspx

Cities Affected

Hartford, CT ; New Haven, CT ; Washington, DC (Reagan National) ; Washington, DC (Dulles Int'l Airport) ; Portland, ME ; Baltimore, MD ; Salisbury, MD ; Boston, MA ; Manchester, NH ; Newark, NJ ; Albany, NY ; Islip, NY ; New York, NY (JFK Airport) ; New York, NY (LaGuardia) ; Newburgh, NY ; White Plains, NY ; Philadelphia, PA ; Providence, RI

Date Range
11/26/2014 1:00 AM ET through 11/26/2014 11:59 PM ET

Revised Ticket Policy

Due to weather, US Airways offers the following flexibility options to our ticketed customers whose travel may be impacted by this event. Customers ticketed to travel on US*/AA flights to/from/through the airports listed below may change flights as shown below.

If you are traveling to, through or from:
· Albany, NY (ALB)
· Baltimore, MD (BWI)
· Boston, MA (BOS)
· Hartford, CT (BDL)
· Islip / Long Island/Macarthur, Ny (ISP)
· Manchester, NH (MHT)
· New Haven, CT (HVN)
· New York Kennedy, NY (JFK)
· New York LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
· Newark, NJ (EWR)
· Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
· Portland, ME (PWM)
· Providence, RI (PVD)
· Salisbury, MD (SBY)
· Stewart / Newburgh, NY (SWF)
· Washington Dulles, VA (IAD)
· Washington Reagan Nat'l, DC (DCA)
· Westchester County / White Plains, NY (HPN)

On the following dates: November 26, 2014
And your ticket was issued no later than: November 24, 2014
You may travel: November 25 - 27, 2014
Original inventory required? No
Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes allowed? No

Refunds? No

The ticket reissue charge will be waived for one ticket change.

Change your trip online at: www.usairways.com/manageyourtrip

If you need help, please call 800-428-4322.
Print Wikipost

Thanksgiving 2014 Travel Weather Advisory (US Airways)

Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I'm flying PHL-FCO on Wednesday night...I hope there are no issues getting this flight out of there that night!
My experience with transatlantics is that in light to moderate snowstorms, they will operate them. Many times in flying to CDG or LHR, I was sure we'd cancel, only to go even with a lighter load due to people not making connections or no showing/rebooking. Obviously significant storms that essentially shut down PHL and the surrounding area cause cancellations.

Take care in getting to PHL. That's your real risk if it's bad out there.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by phlwookie
My experience with transatlantics is that in light to moderate snowstorms, they will operate them. Many times in flying to CDG or LHR, I was sure we'd cancel, only to go even with a lighter load due to people not making connections or no showing/rebooking. Obviously significant storms that essentially shut down PHL and the surrounding area cause cancellations.
Otherwise they get fined by the EU commission?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Otherwise they get fined by the EU commission?
Due to a major snowstorm out of their control? Extremely unlikely. And my experience with this pattern goes back more than a decade prior to EU 261 - they don't want to cancel if they don't have to, as the westbound cancels as well, which complicates service recovery, cargo movement, can be a hit to revenue.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by phlwookie

Take care in getting to PHL. That's your real risk if it's bad out there.
This has been my experience, too, and in worse snow than is predicted for tomorrow. US seems to want (and be able) to keep the TATL flights moving
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I just added the Wikipost with the latest from the US Website. Please feel free to edit if there are changes to it.

That list of cities seems a bit arbitrary. There are some cities in PA/NY with flights from CLT (along with PHL), that didn't make the cut. MDT, ABE, and AVP come to mind (I've done CLT to ABE and AVP).

I know someone who is supposed to be traveling to Boston tomorrow (with family), the 10am PHX-BOS nonstop. Will be interesting to hear what happens.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I'm headed PHL-BOS tomorrow.

Originally scheduled on the 10:15am flight - called very early this morning to try and change to something tonight and everything was totally booked. The latest flight they could get me on today was at 2:30 this afternoon, and my husband would not have made it home from NYC by then.

We are booked on the 8:15am tomorrow morning instead. Hoping to make it out before the "predicted" change from rain to snow in PHL.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by aztimm
I just added the Wikipost with the latest from the US Website. Please feel free to edit if there are changes to it.

That list of cities seems a bit arbitrary. There are some cities in PA/NY with flights from CLT (along with PHL), that didn't make the cut. MDT, ABE, and AVP come to mind (I've done CLT to ABE and AVP).
Still no weather waiver for AVP on the website. With the exception of the 6AM flight, all of US's flights out of AVP today were cancelled. It started snowing around 8AM, and we've got about an inch already.

Glad I flew in yesterday!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA PLT, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
If you're traveling today, there are ground delay programs for all NYC area airports as well as PHL. The (somewhat) good news is that if you are delayed into PHL, chances are your connection will also be delayed. Average ground delay for PHL arrivals is 103 minutes according to the FAA's OIS.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Out of curiosity, does US have a policy similar to AA for IROPS? For example, AA will provide a refund to voucher for IROPS delays >60 minutes and refund to original form of payment for delays >120 minutes. Couldn't find anything as concrete in the US contract of carriage or their website.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...ule_240_80.jsp

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.