Wiki Posts
Search

Heads-up on US' offering of F on mixed itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WFBF
Heads-up on US' offering of F on mixed itineraries

(mods: I encountered this booking a mostly-US itinerary through US, so posting here, but feel free to move if you feel it's better in the merged forum)

A while back I booked part of an extended Thanksgiving trip/MR online through US, itinerary MCI-CLT-DFW-SAT, with all but the last leg on US. Nonrefundable first class (since my plans aren't going to change) was cheap enough I decided to spring for it and pick up a few extra PQM.

Just noticed today, though, that while it booked me in A (as expected) on the US segments, it's N -- which is near-bottom economy -- on the AA segment, DFW-SAT.

A quick call to the CP line confirmed this is correct and expected, so watch out when you're booking a mixed itinerary through US in discounted first -- it might not even be first!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
It had always been like that in my experience - even if the whole itinerary is on US - you just need to check the details before buying non-refundable F from the site to see if there are any Y legs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.