Status of IFE on US Airways flights

Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Status of IFE on US Airways flights

Just wondering what the status of IFE on US Airways operated flights is right now. As I understand, to sync with American, US Airways is operating IFE on flights that still have the system installed, but also see reports that say PTV IFE has been dark on their flights. I've personally not seen any IFE recently on any US Airways flights.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The B757s, B767s, and A330s are the only US aircraft that have IFE anymore. I haven't flown any of these since the harmonization, but US should have the IFE on during domestic trips due to the harmonization with AA policies. Now, whether they actually do, that's a whole different story!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by McSam18
The B757s, B767s, and A330s are the only US aircraft that have IFE anymore. I haven't flown any of these since the harmonization, but US should have the IFE on during domestic trips due to the harmonization with AA policies. Now, whether they actually do, that's a whole different story!
It was on for my domestic 757 flight last week.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by rbourquin
It was on for my domestic 757 flight last week.
This has also been my experience all on three types for several months now.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by phlwookie
This has also been my experience all on three types for several months now.
Echoing that here as well. However, with only 5 767s left in the fleet, the combined fleet with IFE is only 53 frames.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
I'd like to see US Airways/The New American go towards the way United does it. Having DirectTV available on their planes. Feasible? No. But it'd be nice. (Especially during good football/baseball season games)
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by PHLphan
I'd like to see US Airways/The New American go towards the way United does it. Having DirectTV available on their planes. Feasible? No. But it'd be nice. (Especially during good football/baseball season games)
+1
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Parker also appears to be dragging his feet on installing MCE on US metal, as a part of the harmonizing effort. He was quick to reduce the size of the F cabin, MCE section to cram in more Y seats on AA metal.

The retro livery is nice, but I would prefer to see them spend the $$ on upgrading the tired US metal cabins.

Perhaps it is time for us to make more noise, attempt to draw more attention to such details.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Gold
I have flown DL and UA recently, and they have wireless device entertainment options that work pretty slick. Since so many people travel with wireless devices nowadays, it makes sense. I was able to log on (for free) to the plane's WIFI, then I had a choice of several dozen options, including TV shows & movies. There were also options to pay for some movies (primarily the newer movies), but the service worked well. Any rumors that AA/US would move to this approach for IFE?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by jdvoigt
I have flown DL and UA recently, and they have wireless device entertainment options that work pretty slick. Since so many people travel with wireless devices nowadays, it makes sense. I was able to log on (for free) to the plane's WIFI, then I had a choice of several dozen options, including TV shows & movies. There were also options to pay for some movies (primarily the newer movies), but the service worked well. Any rumors that AA/US would move to this approach for IFE?
Already exists on select AA aircraft without IFE http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...nment/main.jsp, expect US to do the same.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diver858
Parker also appears to be dragging his feet on installing MCE on US metal, as a part of the harmonizing effort. He was quick to reduce the size of the F cabin, MCE section to cram in more Y seats on AA metal.

The retro livery is nice, but I would prefer to see them spend the $$ on upgrading the tired US metal cabins.

Perhaps it is time for us to make more noise, attempt to draw more attention to such details.
Parker hasn't reduced the size of any first class or MCE cabin. All these changes on the AA side were in motion before the merger.

While I would also like to see upgrades to US interiors sooner rather than later, it's a process to refit an aircraft. Not only do you have to have the inventory, but aircraft schedules have to allow it. With painting going on, which isn't a long enough time, who knows when they'll get refurbed.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:09 pm

Parker hasn't reduced the size of any first class or MCE cabin. All these changes on the AA side were in motion before the merger.
Not true. When AA starting deploying the new 737-800, the middle seat in 2 rows behind the exit were blocked off, to avoid having to add a 4th FA. Once Parker took over, the blocked seats became available, more seats were added to the main cabin to justify the 4th FA - taken from MCE, first class, tighter Y pitch.

While I would also like to see upgrades to US interiors sooner rather than later, it's a process to refit an aircraft. Not only do you have to have the inventory, but aircraft schedules have to allow it. With painting going on, which isn't a long enough time, who knows when they'll get refurbed.
PLEASE. Parker was able to reconfigure AA cabins to squeeze in more seats without missing a beat. It is done quickly and efficiently by contractors overnight, at several locations across the country. He has voiced objections to premium economy, appears to be dragging his feet.

More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ing-fleet.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.