Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fire aat DCA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Fire aat DCA

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but since I'm on a US flight I'll start it here. Just landed at DCA and we're parked well away from gates as there appears to be a truck (possibly fuel truck) on fire at a gate in the neighborhood of 41.

This could delay things for a while. Although they appear to have put it out quickly and have planes moving around it.

Last edited by MEABFlyer; Nov 5, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Old Nov 5, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Landed from CLT about 10 min before you and came into to gate 23 (currently at Admirals Club in Term B) and everything seemed normal though I wasn't looking for trouble either. Unfortunately I can't see over in that direction from here, though it appears that takeoffs and landings are continuing normally out on the runway at least.

Edit to add: pic of the incident from afar from someone on Twitter: https://twitter.com/drinks/status/53...426817/photo/1
Old Nov 7, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
I saw this also and had a very good line of sight to it. It was not a fuel truck. The engine of a ramp contractor's pickup truck caught fire. Out pretty quickly but the smoke and activity was impressive to watch.

Airport fire trucks are much more impressive than most regular fire trucks. does Tonka still make toys?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.