Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-OKC Meal Service?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
LAX-OKC Meal Service?

I have a flight booked tomorrow night on US 5505 from LAX-OKC. I am trying to figure out what the meal situation is going to be on this flight. I would think under the new combined meal windows I would get a full meal as gcmap says it is 1187 miles and the cut off for a full meal is 1000 miles. But now I am looking at usair.com and it say the flight is only scheduled for 2:35 hours, just 10 minutes short of the 2:45 cutoff I saw floating around here on flyertalk. So my question is will we have a full meal service or is this going to be a snack basket flight?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Unfortunately, doing a dummy booking shows Refreshments for all LAX-OKC flights. That could possibly change with the new meal windows coming either later this November or in December.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
A flight number in the 5000 range appears to be a US Express flight operated by Mesa. That would mean no meals, as PMUS did not serve meals on Express flights at all, regardless of flight length or duration. Since the planned synch of Eagle/USX has been put on hold pending the 11/18 changes, unfortunately it's just refreshments (meaning the snack basket) for your flight.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
LAX-OKC Meal Service?

Thanks guys for your help. I was afraid this was going to be the outcome. What really sucks is that when I booked this 10 months ago this flight was operated by AA so I would have gotten a meal. :-(
Old Nov 5, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Thanks guys for your help. I was afraid this was going to be the outcome. What really sucks is that when I booked this 10 months ago this flight was operated by AA so I would have gotten a meal. :-(
Yeah - pretty unfortunate. As USX has taken over Eagle flying on various routes out of LAX and other cities, I'm sure quite a few AA regulars are in for a surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.