Search

US Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
US Airways Lounge

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are flying from PHL to LA tomorrow, in business (effectively first) class.

I can't find information on the site regarding access to the lounge. I know we would if we were international, bust just curious if we get this with long distance domestic.

Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by jeffers
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are flying from PHL to LA tomorrow, in business (effectively first) class.

I can't find information on the site regarding access to the lounge. I know we would if we were international, bust just curious if we get this with long distance domestic.

Thanks!
Free access in business only for international travel. But you can always pay $50 per person for a day pass!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
American Airlines and US Airways continue to operate as separate carriers (though both are part of the same parent company through the merger), and will continue to do so for some time.

As this question relates to current American Airlines or US Airways practices, policy or operation, it is being moved to the proper pre-merger forum.

/Moderator
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Speedracer2
Free access in business only for international travel. But you can always pay $50 per person for a day pass!
Thought so. US airlines really stink for this. It's a 6hr flight, and not cheap. Spoilt by non-US carriers clearly, but this fare really should include lounge access.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
This being FT...

Check out these two threads:
US-Admirals Club Meet Up Thread 2014

FlyerTalk Lounge Connect

Good way to get lounge access, and meet a new Flyertalker!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by jeffers
Thought so. US airlines really stink for this. It's a 6hr flight, and not cheap. Spoilt by non-US carriers clearly, but this fare really should include lounge access.
US travelers have made it clear to the market that they want a la carte services. That includes lounge access. Lounge access is never free it's just included in the fare on many non-European carriers.

Domestic F is nothing special. The seats are 2-2 and therefore nicer than the standard European practice of 3-3 with a blocked middle seat. Free booze, mediocre meal served on a tray with a choice of one of two entrees and a snack basket with cookies and the like prior to landing.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
US Airways Lounge

Youll also have better seat than you would in domestic business on a European carrier, which is more important than free snack mix before departure for most people
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Youll also have better seat than you would in domestic business on a European carrier, which is more important than free snack mix before departure for most people
+1 - You can buy a decent meal at most airports and eat what you want. But, you can't turn 3-3 seating into something particularly nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.