Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger of Size/Crj 700

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Passenger of Size/Crj 700

Hi, i am a passenger of size and i will be on a crj700 flight in a few weeks. I have never had a problem fitting in a regular sized plane and the seatbelt fits just fine without a problem whatsoever, but this will be my first flight on a regional jet.

How are the seat belt sizes on the crj700? Is it similar to full sized Airbus/Boeing?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by legendbliss
Hi, i am a passenger of size and i will be on a crj700 flight in a few weeks. I have never had a problem fitting in a regular sized plane and the seatbelt fits just fine without a problem whatsoever, but this will be my first flight on a regional jet.

How are the seat belt sizes on the crj700? Is it similar to full sized Airbus/Boeing?

Thanks!
If you're OK with the belt on mainline planes you'll probably be ok on a CRJ from a belt perspective. Definitely get an aisle seat, there is a little latch under the back of the armrest you can depress and the aisle armrest should go up to give you a little extra space (probably want to wait until after boarding is done to help avoid getting bumped constantly). I find shoulder space to be incredibly restricted in the window seats on the CRJs.

It won't be a comfy ride by any means but it should be doable.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: AA MM; UA-S; HH-D; Marriott-LTP
There's a latch under the back of the armrest that can be depressed so that the armrest goes up allowing for a bit extra space? Well now, I don't think I've ever seen an aisle armrest in the up position, didn't know it was possible. Interesting tid bit, Gruss.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by notmypetunia
There's a latch under the back of the armrest that can be depressed so that the armrest goes up allowing for a bit extra space? Well now, I don't think I've ever seen an aisle armrest in the up position, didn't know it was possible. Interesting tid bit, Gruss.
Well, it's present on the Air Wisconsin CR2's, I guess it might depend on the interior on the CR7 and if it has the same seats. I had an FA show it to me one time when myself and another bigger guy were sitting side by side and it let me slide over a bit and give him some more room. I know better than to book window seats in the CRJ or my shoulders will be in my neighbor's face, but he hadn't learned that lesson yet.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by gruss
Definitely get an aisle seat, there is a little latch under the back of the armrest you can depress and the aisle armrest should go up to give you a little extra space (probably want to wait until after boarding is done to help avoid getting bumped constantly).
The FA will likely require you to have this in the down position until after take-off. I like to raise mine, and I usually get yelled at. Once you're over 10k feet, its fair game.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:01 am

If you can so your seatbelt up on mainline, you should be fine on a CRJ700.

And as for the armrest, can we put it down when the F/A comes round the cabin and when they are out of sight, just raise it using the latch.

Also book an aisle seat, the CRJ700 wall begins to curve in and if you are slightly larger it would be quite uncomfortable and your shoulders will be in your seatmate's face.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

I'm not worried about the seats themselves. I'm just curious about the seat belts. Are they the same size as full size planes? Anybody have any ideas?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
As another passenger of size, my experience is that the belts aren't appreciably different from mainline planes.

That said, do remember that if you ever have an issue, the FA will happily (and usually discreetly) give you an extension if you ask. No need to lose any sleep over it.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:30 am

The only US plane I've noticed with a seat belt appreciably shorter than the others is the Dash 8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.