Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New coach perks for elites?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:10 pm

New coach perks for elites?

F/a's are getting new policies and procedures on almost a daily basis and its been a little overwhelming lately. Like I said, if there's any doubt you can point out the benefit on the Market Place menu in the seat back pocket.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
FWIW, as an EXP, I am offered an alcoholic drink and a snack on single-class American Eagle CRJ flights between FAT and LAX.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
For the past 6 months, on smaller AA RJs with single class of service into smaller Mexico towns out of DFW my CP status was recognized on the AA flights. I was super impressed that they prompted me regarding the change.

I believe one of the FAs said "Mi casa ist su casa"
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. I would be surprised if the benefit is dropped post combination. US added it recently for CP's and that is likely part of integration as it has long been an EXP benefit on AA.

2. Like anything else, it takes time. Rather than testing the FA's, why not simply ask for your booze and chips and, if asked for a CC, point out that you are CP / EXP as the case may be.

3. A few will occasionally get lucky as US FA's adapt to the oddities of AA's program and the other way too. This will all, of course, go away when the two carriers operate as a single entity.

The benefit may not make a great deal of sense for many, but apparently the AA marketing people believe that it does for their EXP's. With the likelihood that UG's are going to be a whole lot scarcer on key routes, the free booze will be the only thing onboard for most.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Granitebox
For the past 6 months, on smaller AA RJs with single class of service into smaller Mexico towns out of DFW my CP status was recognized on the AA flights. I was super impressed that they prompted me regarding the change.

I believe one of the FAs said "Mi casa ist su casa"
Was the FA half-German/half-Mexican???
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Often1
1. I would be surprised if the benefit is dropped post combination. US added it recently for CP's and that is likely part of integration as it has long been an EXP benefit on AA.

The benefit may not make a great deal of sense for many, but apparently the AA marketing people believe that it does for their EXP's. With the likelihood that UG's are going to be a whole lot scarcer on key routes, the free booze will be the only thing onboard for most.
While there is a cost to provide this, I think it is a cost taken away from surplus revenue. If there are EXPs/CPs sitting in coach, it's usually because of 2 main reasons:

1) More people sitting in F purchased directly into F (and didn't upgrade for free into it).

2) There were more EXPs on the flight than could get an upgrade. Which indicates a business-heavy flight. And higher ticket prices.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Originally Posted by Often1

While there is a cost to provide this, I think it is a cost taken away from surplus revenue. If there are EXPs/CPs sitting in coach, it's usually because of 2 main reasons:

1) More people sitting in F purchased directly into F (and didn't upgrade for free into it).

2) There were more EXPs on the flight than could get an upgrade. Which indicates a business-heavy flight. And higher ticket prices.
Or 3) they're scheduled on a later flight and did move up/standby on an earlier flight and took whatever seat they could get
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Do FA's really know abt this? In my recent flights in Y, none were aware. After some back and forth (sometimes requiring my printout of the page) I've been able to get my drink/snack.
They do from my experience this week. I was proactively offered a snack on a US flight this week PHX-BOI.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
+1
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond

LOL.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
Just came back from a BOS-LAS RT flight - offered drink only on PHL-LAS portion and nothing on the other 3 segments (all through PHL). I did not know about this benefit until I just signed in - I just thought a FA was being super nice in recognizing my CP status. However - I may now politely ask about it when I order a beer on a segment next week ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.