Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

10/2014 Barclay US Airways 50,000 bonus, on first purchase (targeted?)

Old Oct 19, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum and whatever Amex platinum gives me.

This seems to be a new and perhaps targeted offer?
There is another 50,000 mile bonus available online but it requires a $1000 spend.
This offer gives 50,000 miles after first spend (any amount) or balance transfer.
Received in the mail today:
1. 50,000 Dividend miles after first purchase/balance transfer
2. First checked bag free
3. Companion certificate for up to 2 guests, $99.00 each
4. Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways flights
5. 5,000 award mile discount in US Airways operated flights
6. $89.00 annual fee (not waived)

Last edited by millemiglia; Oct 19, 2014 at 5:25 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum and whatever Amex platinum gives me.
50,000 Dividend Miles offer image scan and url

Here is a copy of the mailed offer. It gives usairwayscard.com/7653 as the reply application, but looks targeted as the URL requests the emailer information. There is also a phone number. [/IMG]
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:11 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

Definitely new, I signed up for the previous 50k offer w/ $1000 spend...which was easy enough to meet. This makes me think a huge push is underway prior to 2015 and we might see policy relaxed on a 2nd card. Anyways...get you app in!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: US Airways DM Silver, United Mileage Plus
My wife received this mailer almost over a month ago, with the exact same benefits, no min. spend required, etc. She has neither elite status nor a CC with US. So I urged her to apply, and she was approved. The annual fee was recently charged to her card, I believe she'll be making her first payment soon. We're looking forward to 50k miles hitting her account in the following weeks. Can't beat that for $89!^

And I forgot to add, she received the companion cert and club pass couple of weeks ago.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Just applied for it, using this new offer.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA
They're doing a major marketing push for this card right now. Here in Philly there are ads on TV, bus shelters, on buses and billboards. No mention at all of American either -- especially odd considering their merging. Why such a push for a card that will be gone soon?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:56 pm

My understanding is that in the future, although people will no longer be able to sign up for this card, current cardholders will be able to earn AAdvantage miles. Because of this, I suspect that Barclay has an incentive to sign as many people up as possible while they can.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the offer if one is not specifically targeted?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
I got one too. Instant approval with my Largest Credit Line so far. Guess Barclays is really pushing it.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by millemiglia
Here is a copy of the mailed offer. It gives usairwayscard.com/7653 as the reply application, but looks targeted as the URL requests the emailer information. There is also a phone number.
I guess only those who received this via e-mail can apply.
On this page it asks for Last name and personal ID code. Any way around that?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:56 am

I got this email offer the other day, though I already have (and have had, for a couple years) the USAir card. Any reports on whether a second one is possible in recent history would be great... I'd rather not risk a credit pull today without a pretty good chance.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:58 am

I was wondering the same thing. Or how long I'd have to wait if I close the account this month before applying for a new one.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Spouse and I RARELY get any targeted offers. We used to. Have 800+ FICO and only recently amped up our cc holdings. I've made the adjustments on our accounts for things like "receive offers" etc but still nada. Only about 1 offer every 3-4 months and it's for Discover or Hilton. Any way to ramp up targeted offers?

I recently got the Barclay Usairways 40k card (about 3 weeks ago) and spouse wants to apply but how can we generate a 50k offer?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Spouse and I RARELY get any targeted offers. We used to. Have 800+ FICO and only recently amped up our cc holdings. I've made the adjustments on our accounts for things like "receive offers" etc but still nada. Only about 1 offer every 3-4 months and it's for Discover or Hilton. Any way to ramp up targeted offers?

I recently got the Barclay Usairways 40k card (about 3 weeks ago) and spouse wants to apply but how can we generate a 50k offer?
I read a rumor in some other thread that there might be a public 50k offer come December. So if your spouse can wait a few weeks, it be worthwhile to wait a few weeks to see if the rumor comes true.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I read a rumor in some other thread that there might be a public 50k offer come December. So if your spouse can wait a few weeks, it be worthwhile to wait a few weeks to see if the rumor comes true.
Thanks for the tip. We will wait. Not in a hurry.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:56 am

anyone able to get the fee waived?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.