Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access when traveling in Envoy/Business: OK to bring a guest?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Lounge access when traveling in Envoy/Business: OK to bring a guest?

I have two family members who are flying from Europe, and chances are good that at least one will get upgraded by using 30,000 miles and $300. If one person is upgraded and thus gets access to an Admirals Club departure lounge (and a US Airways Club lounge at a connection in the US), if a coach non-status passenger is traveling with upgraded person, can both access the lounges?

Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
No experience coming back from LHR. But when wife and I went PHL-LHR, I was upgraded and wife was in coach and my wife was "officially" not allowed into PHL club, however, the agent let her in as a gesture.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I have two family members who are flying from Europe, and chances are good that at least one will get upgraded by using 30,000 miles and $300. If one person is upgraded and thus gets access to an Admirals Club departure lounge (and a US Airways Club lounge at a connection in the US), if a coach non-status passenger is traveling with upgraded person, can both access the lounges?

Thanks.
Here is your answer:

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Thank you both- looks like the answer is "no unless the agent at the reception desk makes an exception". Ouch, but at least now I know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.