Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sad to watch - Terminal B priority/first check in at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Originally Posted by pinniped
US at PHL has the worst staff of any airline, any airport, anywhere I've ever traveled in my entire life. Period. It isn't even close. (Yes, I realize I just +1'ed 90% of the posts here.)

It's not a regional thing. I've traveled to other airports in the northeastern U.S., including all of the New York, DC, and Boston area airports as well as a bunch of small ones. None are as bad as Philly.

It's not their union. I've interacted with counter and gate agents for US Airways in other places, working under the same contract as these Philly people, and they are not as bad as Philly. (The US people at MCI are borderline nice - it's a bit jarring.) Even other US hub operations are not as bad as Philly. I've never had an issue at CLT.

It's not Philadelphia itself. Other interactions with travel industry professionals in the area are much better than dealing with US Airways. Nobody says "Gawd, I can't stand any of the Marriotts in Philly...the clerks are all awful."

This is a US Airways PHL problem - one poisonous culture. Although the TSA seems pretty jacked up there too, so maybe it's two poisonous cultures. Anyway, it's not a Big Labor problem or an "all northeasterners are jerks" problem. It's US's problem.
I don't think it's the TSA as much as the women at the front of the TSA lines who direct people in. They alone are enough to make me shudder. If I ever go to jail for assault, it will be because I stomped the living daylights out of one of those "women" after being pushed far beyond my limit by their rude, aggressive, and hateful behavior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.