Time required to exit YYZ (from PHL-YYZ flight) Saturday morning?

Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Time required to exit YYZ (from PHL-YYZ flight) Saturday morning?

If I take the US PHL-YYZ flight tomorrow (Saturday) morning that arrives at 11:01am, how long will it take me to exit YYZ and get in a taxi? I will have one checked bag (with a Priority tag) that I will have to retrieve from the baggage claim. I am a U.S. citizen.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
It's an unusually long walk from the gate to immigration ... but other than that, things should be pretty empty and quick.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
It's an unusually long walk from the gate to immigration ... but other than that, things should be pretty empty and quick.
Don't you still clear US immigration/customs in Canada? At least that is how it used to work when US flew from the big Air Canada / Star Alliance terminal.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Speedracer2
Don't you still clear US immigration/customs in Canada?
On a flight from PHL to YYZ?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
My recollection is that you clear Canadian immigration on PHL-YYZ in YYZ and that you clear US immigration YYZ-PHL in YYZ as well.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
My recollection is that you clear Canadian immigration on PHL-YYZ in YYZ and that you clear US immigration YYZ-PHL in YYZ as well.
That is correct.

As for my experience PHL-YYZ today, the line at Immigration was pretty long -- yet moved OK. My checked bags were waiting for me when I arrived at the baggage claim. I was in a taxi 45 minutes after we got to the gate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.