Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket frequent flyer number

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Award ticket frequent flyer number

Booked AA award on US and phoned in and they wouldn't let me enter my preferred number to get exit seat/ zone 1. I tried finnair.com but it wouldn't let me change my number. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Try the Royal Jordanian site, or the Qatar Airways site.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by guv1976
Try the Royal Jordanian site, or the Qatar Airways site.
That probably won't work... RJ is using Amadeus as most of the other OW carriers... AA is using sabre and US is using Shares...

If you can't change it on the AA site, you can only call AA or US to let it change...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:17 am
Original Poster

I want my exit row, free checked bag and priority boarding. Both airlines won't change the number. Bit just a few weeks ago I got them to put my us number in a avios booking on us metal. What gives? Mshould I file a complaint?

Will AA status match me I want my ow ruby so I can get coach extra on my overseas flight....
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
I want my exit row, free checked bag and priority boarding. Both airlines won't change the number. Bit just a few weeks ago I got them to put my us number in a avios booking on us metal. What gives? Mshould I file a complaint?

Will AA status match me I want my ow ruby so I can get coach extra on my overseas flight....
Try the suggested RJ/QR work-arounds. If neither one works, report back.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Tried to enter both my AA and US record locators but no luck. I heard that they are Sabre and will not work on Amadeus based airline reservation pull ups. I tried to go to find my Amadeus PNR but AA nor US had it, and no luck on the Sabre website. I'm so fed up that I'm gonna complain to DOT if I can't get this resolved.

(Before you label me as a whiner- I paid extra to fly US over other airlines to get status; I have a tight connection in LAX from US to AA and don't want them to gate check my bag if I am boarding in zone 4- want the row in front of the plane)

Any suggestions? I'm gonna try asking at the US and AA clubs to change it. Will AA status match me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.