Search

Child Seat in Bulkhead Row

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:05 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Child Seat in Bulkhead Row

Making some reservations recently traveling with our 2 year old toddlers I was told we could not reserve the bulkhead row on a couple of Republic operated E170/E175 flights with children in car seats. Has US adopted this rule due to seatbelts in bulkhead row seats (though I doubt they would be present in the coach 'bulkhead' seats of the Republic E170/E175 aircraft since I don't believe they really have a bulkhead.

More importantly we have now been upgraded and the only two seats together were the bulkhead first seats, which could have airbags, and even if they don't, will policy force the FA to move us? I can still grab the single seat and window seat in Row 3 and hope that whoever is in the aisle seat in that row is not going to want to sit between my wife and her 2 year old toddler.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if the Republic E170's and/or E175's have airbags in the first class bulkhead row?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by Beckles
Does anyone know if the Republic E170's and/or E175's have airbags in the first class bulkhead row?
I personally can't remember seeing airbags on any of the E-jet seat belts but I'm not 100% certain about it. My next flight on one isn't until next Fri when I'm on an E170, but I can take a look and let you know what I see if that's not too late to be useful to you.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat
All I can say based on experience is that I haven't seen any yet.

I travel 2-3 times a month and I bring my family along about 6 times a year. We typically end up in F. Last month, my wife and 2 yr. old daughter accompanied me on four segments. Three segments were on Republic flights where they were in row 1. There were no issues nor any airbag belts that I saw. On the 4th segment, they were in row 1 on a A321 with airbags and I didn't notice -- and neither did the flight attendants... It wasn't until we were getting off the plane that I noticed my wife had buckled our 2 yr. old's car seat with one of those airbag belts and I think an extension as well.

In addition to the flight last month, two months ago we went on vacation to Cancun and we had bulkheads all the way. I have never heard (until now) that children in safety seats couldn't be in a bulkhead row unless perhaps it was also an exit row...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Good, hopefully we won't have a problem then, I'd prefer the bulkhead row because of the extra room ... while it doubles the price having to buy our twins their own seats these days, not having to share my seat does have it's advantages ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.