Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

US Airways Lounges

I'm flying business class on US Airways from ORD to PHL and then PHL to ATH and was wondering what are the best lounges I would have access to?

I'm new to this and wasn't sure if I had access to American airlines lounges too as well as other Oneworld partners?

Not sure if it matters but it's an award ticket booked through United miles before US Airlines left the Star Alliance.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
You will have access to Admirals Club in ORD, and US Club in PHL.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by iztok
You will have access to Admirals Club in ORD,...
Are you sure? Maybe I missed an announcement. I thought the integration process was only far along to allow Club members reciprocity, and I've heard nothing about allowing US Business flyers access to AC on day of flight.

There's also an arrivals lounge in ATH that OP may use, but I don't know details.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by kudzu
Are you sure? Maybe I missed an announcement. I thought the integration process was only far along to allow Club members reciprocity, and I've heard nothing about allowing US Business flyers access to AC on day of flight.

There's also an arrivals lounge in ATH that OP may use, but I don't know details.
Yes. OP is traveling in business.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:50 am

iztok, thanks for the link. I learn something new every day.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by kudzu
iztok, thanks for the link. I learn something new every day.
That is what forums are about

I learn a lot from FT and try to contribute when I can
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:24 pm

I was coming to the forum to make a similar inquiry. We are flying in first to Cancun with a long layover in CLT on the return.

In the past, I thought Mexico was not considered international under US Airways rules and therefore, no lounge access. We had entry with our Amex Plat cards so it wasn't an issue for us. But since that has gone by the wayside, I was wondering about lounge access for our upcoming trip.

As I read it, there appears to be no international requirement under oneworld, correct? We will be able to use the lounge as ticketed first class passengers to/from Mexico?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Originally Posted by TommyV
I'm flying business class on US Airways from ORD to PHL and then PHL to ATH and was wondering what are the best lounges I would have access to?
You can try to get into the BA Galleries Lounge. I got in once on a US ticket, but I came right as the lounge opened so it wasn't crowded yet and the agent couldn't use the "it's too crowded" excuse.

The US Club is your best bet for some sort of substantial food over the AC.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Admirals Club at ORD is in T3, US flies out of T2

You can definitely use the Admirals Club at ORD in T3 but please keep in mind that as of now, US flies out of T2. You can connect between T2 Concourse F and T3 Concourse G without having to reclear security. I'd suggest using the Admirals Club in Concourse G as it's much more modern than the one between the H-K connector and is also going to be closer to your departure out of T2.

Again, I don't know when you're departing so make sure that US is indeed flying ORD - PHL out of T2 before heeding this advice.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, IHG, SPG, CC
I was coming here to ask nearly the same question! We are traveling from EDI -> LAX with a 2.5 hour stopover at PHL in September.

Based on itzok's helpful link, I *think* we can access the following lounges:
In EDI: British Airways Galleries Club Lounge, or the No 1 Traveller Lounge

In PHL: the US Airways Clubs in concourse A, B, C, or F

Please let me know if I'm wrong or if there is any other pertinent information I'm missing!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: WFBF
As noted, in PHL you should not expect to be able to use the BA lounge, regardless of your class of service or OW status, unless you are flying BA. The lounge agent will just turn you away and say "too crowded, have to accommodate our own passengers first".
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat., HH Gold
Originally Posted by smilinganddialing
You can definitely use the Admirals Club at ORD in T3 but please keep in mind that as of now, US flies out of T2. You can connect between T2 Concourse F and T3 Concourse G without having to reclear security. I'd suggest using the Admirals Club in Concourse G as it's much more modern than the one between the H-K connector and is also going to be closer to your departure out of T2.

Again, I don't know when you're departing so make sure that US is indeed flying ORD - PHL out of T2 before heeding this advice.
I think US is flying out of T3 at ORD now. Check in is still in T2 I believe.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info ... does anyone know or have experience with the arrival lounge in ATH?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
... We are flying in first to Cancun with a long layover in CLT on the return. ... We will be able to use the lounge as ticketed first class passengers to/from Mexico?
Unfortunately, no for Cancun (yes for Mexico City) for pax without Emerald/Sapphire status. It's the first exception listed in the link from post 4: (emphasis mine)

The following exceptions apply:
1. First and Business Class customers who do not hold Emerald or Sapphire tier status are not eligible to access American Airlines or US Airways lounges when travelling on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico [except Mexico City], the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean; customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by McNandez
I was coming here to ask nearly the same question! We are traveling from EDI -> LAX with a 2.5 hour stopover at PHL in September.

Based on itzok's helpful link, I *think* we can access the following lounges:
In EDI: British Airways Galleries Club Lounge, or the No 1 Traveller Lounge

In PHL: the US Airways Clubs in concourse A, B, C, or F

Please let me know if I'm wrong or if there is any other pertinent information I'm missing!
Very minor correction: you can use the US Clubs in PHL A-West (the largest), B/C (it's one large club above the B-C connector walkway, rather than one in each of the B and C terminals), and F, and the AA Admirals Club in A-East, though that one is pretty small. My suggestion would be the A-East or B/C Clubs, whichever is closer to your gate. PHL-LAX will not depart from Terminal F, so no need to go over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.