Wiki Posts
Search

500 mile minimum for preferred

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
500 mile minimum for preferred

I earned 447 base miles plus 447 preferred miles for my PHL-CLT flight. I thought preferred members earned a minimum of 500 miles per segment. Is this something new of which I am unaware? I am CP.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
There was a post about this in the shuttle thread a few days ago:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23273194-post160.html

The US website still indicates a 500 mile minimum:
https://membership.usairways.com/en-.../airlines.html

Preferred members traveling on US Airways will accrue the actual miles flown or 500 miles per segment, whichever is greater.
I'd definitely contact US to clarify.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I'll be very interested in the answer. My most recent flight was a CLT-PHL on the 25th that posted on the 27th with the usual 500 minimums.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I also flew LAS-PHX yesterday and I will see what posts for that ... then I will call ... I will post the results of my conversation with US in a couple days.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum/,Lifetime Silver Hertz Presidents
Did Not Receive The 500 Mile Minimum Bonus

Just an FYI
I do not log into my account everyday but did today to check some award availabilty and noticed on my flights on 7/29 I flew from BDL-PHL in the morning and then PHL-PIT later in the day the normal miles would be 500 and as Chairmans 500 bonus for 2,000 for the 2 segments but as I looked at my account I received BDL-PHL 196 miles and 196 bonus miles, PHL-PIT 227 miles and 227 bonus miles? I called the Chairmans line tonight and they said they have not heard of this but were going to look into it and get back to be.

Just an FYI have no idea if I am the only one this has happened to, you may want to check your account... PS This is my US Airways Acct

Last edited by intheairagain; Jul 31, 2014 at 4:44 pm Reason: forgot to say US Airways
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by aztimm
There was a post about this in the shuttle thread a few days ago:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23273194-post160.html

The US website still indicates a 500 mile minimum:
https://membership.usairways.com/en-.../airlines.html

I'd definitely contact US to clarify.
I posted about the shuttle, and just called. Known issue that they're working on tonight (at least the Shuttle, but I am guessing it is closely related to the preferred issue, and that one is drawing more calls).
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by drewguy
I posted about the shuttle, and just called. Known issue that they're working on tonight (at least the Shuttle, but I am guessing it is closely related to the preferred issue, and that one is drawing more calls).
Fixed for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.