Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-SEA Will Bags Check to Final Destination?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

YYZ-SEA Will Bags Check to Final Destination?

I have a 2 hr connection in PHL on the way to SEA. I'm assuming that my bags will check through to SEA from YYZ?

On the way back I have a 14 hr stopover in PHL so I'm wondering if my bags from SEA will check through to YYZ, as it's such a long connection time.

Also, do any of the lounges in PHL have a shower?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by znke252
I have a 2 hr connection in PHL on the way to SEA. I'm assuming that my bags will check through to SEA from YYZ?

On the way back I have a 14 hr stopover in PHL so I'm wondering if my bags from SEA will check through to YYZ, as it's such a long connection time.

Also, do any of the lounges in PHL have a shower?
The bags should check through just fine.

No shower in the PHL clubs.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apeortdz
The bags should check through just fine.

No shower in the PHL clubs.

Thanks for the response. Having the bags checked through will make it easier to see a bit of Philadelphia, before the connecting flight to YYZ.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by znke252
Thanks for the response. Having the bags checked through will make it easier to see a bit of Philadelphia, before the connecting flight to YYZ.
Plenty of time with 14 hours on the return to see the city - I would suggest taking the train (station is very close to baggage claim) to Market East Station and wandering the historic district around Independence Hall if you've not been to Philly previously.

See http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/air.pdf for the Airport Line schedules; fare is currently $8 cash only. Taxis will run you a little over $30 pre-tip to Center City but will be more expensive unless you have 4 people in your party.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:23 am

Also see this post about getting credit for the onboard purchase premium for the inbound ticket when you buy the return ticket at the ticket window.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks again for the input. This will be my first visit to Philadelphia, so the tip about taking the train will be very useful.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:53 am

if your 14hr stop over is from morning to evening, you are fine. If it involves an overnight, you probably will have to collect your bags.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
If you are taking the train to market east station, I suggest that you stop by the reading terminal. It is right across the street and has some cute shops, food stalls, a farmers market and delectable desserts. Even if you don't buy anything it's fun to walk around. There is a lot to see in center city but it is very walkable, and 14 hours gives you plenty of time to enjoy. Have fun!! (Also, just so you know, you can purchase your return ticket at the train station and use your credit card to pay). Have fun!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.