Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any US CHairmans been upgraded on A321T JFK-SFO or LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Any US CHairmans been upgraded on A321T JFK-SFO or LAX?

I'm looking at taking a trip next week from JFK to LAX....hoping for an upgrade.

Anyone had any luck? chairman's or even plats/golds?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This would be a far better question to ask in the US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger) Forum, as it would be more populated by USDM Chairman level members than the AA PM forum; we'll move the question there.

/Moderator
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

OK, Just to clarify---I am asking about American flights....the A321T out of JFK...
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by ECUalum2003
OK, Just to clarify---I am asking about American flights....the A321T out of JFK...
JFK-SFO/LAX are reasonably tough upgrades for AA elites (I've missed occasionally as an EXP).

My guess is your upgrade chances are going to be even worse by virtue of not being on the upgrade list until T-24.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:01 pm

Day of week? Time of day?

I would say the odds are very low unless you are flying at a weird time. Plenty of AA EXPs don't get upgraded on those flights.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Im flying out on the 8:55 PM flight on tuesday evening, gets in at around midnight at LAX...next tuesday
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by ECUalum2003
Im flying out on the 8:55 PM flight on tuesday evening, gets in at around midnight at LAX...next tuesday
I don't have an EF subscription but the seat map looks pretty open in J on the AA site, so that's not a bad sign. The timing of that route certainly puts it off of the main business peak so you might have a better chance.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver.
Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
JFK-SFO/LAX are reasonably tough upgrades for AA elites (I've missed occasionally as an EXP).

My guess is your upgrade chances are going to be even worse by virtue of not being on the upgrade list until T-24.
If the OP is a US Elite, there is no "list" at T-24 or at the airport flying on AA. Remember, there is no First Class waitlisting for US Elites on AA Metal. You clear at check-in if a seat is available or you sit in the back.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K
The one time I've tried as an EXP, I was #10 on the list after doing a SDC to the LAX - JFK redeye. This is in sharp contrast to every other AA flight I've had this year, where I've cleared the u/g 100% of the time. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up - people outright buy a good chunk of the J seats on this route.

That said, your situation looks pretty optimistic, so I wouldn't rule it out. Please do report back with your results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.