Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Does canceling a Dividend Miles credit card affect any already-made reservations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does canceling a Dividend Miles credit card affect any already-made reservations?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi -

I've got a Dividend Miles credit card that's coming up on the 1 year anniversary, and I don't think I'm going to keep it.

My question: if I ticket a reservation using the 35,000 Dividend Miles that I received as the bonus for signing up for the credit card, is this ticket in any jeopardy once I cancel the card? I've heard that Barclay's might get huffy about this type of scenario and attempt to claw back bonus miles, but a ticketed reservation is out of their reach, correct?

Thanks for any insight...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As long as you met the requirements for eligibility for the points , there is nothing to worry about. Choosing not to renew is nothing to worry about
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I closed mine today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.