Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Award Booking

I am planning a trip Denver-Frankfurt 2015 with my 13 year old grandson, his first, I used award miles with star alliance Lufthansa in the past, direct flight in business, now with the USAir and AA merger I am so frustrated trying to figure out how to get 2 award seats in business, know it is 330 days, but I been testing no matter what date I put in for business I have 215000 dividend miles and 75000 oneworld even for feb. on usair I cannot get seats for the amount of miles I checked AA and without bb it is 2 and 3 transfers I would not mind one., can someone please help me figure this out I got to be doing something wrong, ideally I would like to go late march 3-to 4 weeks. Thanks in advance
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Award Booking

I would check each leg separately as you may want to pay cash to reposition for the award flight - ideally you'd like to include from Denver but may need to consider ORD/JFK/EWR/PHL or look at SFO/SEA/LAX I would look at options from Philly as I know there is a direct flight to FRA on US. Now that you need to use OneWorld -there are fuel surcharges on British Airways so I wouldn't use that but no fuel surcharges on Aer Lingus -I know you don't want multi stops but you could look to add a stopover and get an extra vacation out of it - stops in London or Dublin for example. try American Chicago to London and then London to Frankfurt. Or Aer Lingus Chicago-Dublin etc - hope this helps
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As US Airways has left Star Alliance & joined OneWorld alliance you cannot use Lufthansa. You are limited to UA Airways partners.
These are the earning partners http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../airlines.html.
I assume the partners to burn miles are the same http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid.../usemiles.html

Are your 75000 oneworld actually AA miles? (no such thing as OneWorld miles)

I will ask a moderator to move this thread from Star Alliance forum to the US Airways forum, as that is where you have mile

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 16, 2014 at 2:12 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

The OP should use aa.com to search for "SAAver" award Business Class seats. If any are found, call US to book those seats with Dividend Miles.

Unless things have changed within the past few days, US is not assessing surcharges for Dividend Miles redemptions on BA flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.