Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mile Redemption Question [Using US Airways Credit Card].

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Mile Redemption Question [Using US Airways Credit Card].

So I have a USAIRWAYS Credit card that offers 5000 miles off mile award redemptions.

So I want to book a flight on AA from PHL - LIR. Searching on USAIRWAYS.com and then on AA.com it looks like AA offers a much better option/flight that is fewer miles to boot.

So now. Is there a way to book the flight in a fashion to get the credit card 5000 mile reduction? I have enough miles on both AA & USAIR to book award ticket. So I have that luxury.

Anyone know if this is possible and if so how?

Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

When I search for the flights on USAIR I don't see the AA flights offered for mile redemption. Otherwise that would be the way I would have booked it.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: None
The US site is poor for showing partner award flights so you may have to call to book an AA flight. Unfortunately I don't think you can get the AA mileage rate and the US Mastercard 5K miles off deal - it's one or the other since the ticketing carrier's mileage requirement is what matters and the Mastercard discount is for US operated flights only, not codeshare flights.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.