Wiki Posts
Search

New Benefit - USAirways World Mastercard - 1st Bag Free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New Benefit - USAirways World Mastercard - 1st Bag Free

I happened to log into my USAirways World MasterCard account this evening, and got a popup announcing that beginning on April 30 "as a US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard cardmeber, you and up for four companions will enjoy your first eligible checked bag FREE."

According to the FAQ:

When will the Free Bag benefit be available?
Cardmembers will be notified that the benefit will be available by April 30, 2014.

Do I also get the free checked bag benefit on American Airline flights?
No. The free checked bag benefit is only available on US Airways operated flights at this time. Stay tuned for more information as the merger progresses.

Is the free bag also applicable for companion certificate user?
Yes. As long as your companions are on your travel itinerary then they will qualify for this benefit.

What are the weight/size requirements for the free bag benefit?
To qualify for this benefit your bag must not weigh more than 50lbs and must be no larger than 62in high. To view the most up to date baggage information, select Baggage from the Travel Tools section of the website, www.usairways.com; the second tab provides these details.

Can I add my Dividend Miles number at check in and receive the free bag?
In order for this benefit to be available, the Dividend Miles number must be noted in the itinerary 36 hours prior to the day of travel.

If I close my account, am I still eligible for the free bags?
No, once the account is closed, you will no longer receive the benefit. We require that your account is open and in good standing for you to qualify for this benefit.

Will I receive the free checked bag benefit on other oneworld flights?
No. This benefit is only available on US Airways operated flights.

Will I need to present the card to receive the benefit?
No. As long as the Primary Cardholder's itinerary reflects the Dividend Miles number associated with the US Airways MasterCard, 36 hours prior to the travel date and the account has been opened more than 7 days, you and as many as four of travel companions on that same itinerary will automatically receive the benefit. The itinerary must reflect the Dividend Miles number no later than within 36 hours of travel or you will not receive the benefit.

Will I have this benefit after US Airways and American Airlines merge?

Yes this benefit will be available when your account becomes an American Airlines AAdvantage MasterCard.

If the flight is booked through a website other than usairways.com, (i.e. American Airlines, Travelocity, etc.), will I still receive this benefit?
Yes, it will still be valid as long as their card is open and in good standing and the Dividend Miles account number is on the Primary's itinerary at least 36-hours prior to the date of the flight.

Does the ticket have to be purchased using the US Airways card to receive the benefit?
No. As long as your account is open and in good standing and you use your Dividend Miles number to book your flight you will receive this benefit.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I got an email on this this morning.

Doesn't say if it'll stack, but somehow I doubt it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.