Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Prior to booking flights on partner airlines, it is a good idea to check the the US Airways Partner Earning Page.

It is always a good idea to save your boarding pass and any other booking materials, as this may be needed if the miles don't automatically post.
Print Wikipost

Earning US Miles on Partner Airlines

Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Earning US Miles on Partner Airlines

Hi there. So I took a trip to OTP and CGN. I booked on LH, as it was difficult to to decent booking on anyone else. I flew PHL-FRA-OTP, then OTP-MUC-CGN, then CGN-FRA-BOS. I then flew home on a separate PNR BOS-PHL. I was traveling with someone from BOs, and for some reason returning to PHL on the original itinerary was much much more expensive.

So in any case, I received my miles for every leg, except I noticed my outbound PHL-FRA-OTP was not credited. I submitted a missing miles request, and a couple of weeks later I sent an email to follow-up. I now see this in my account.

PHL FRA 0427 T <NAME>
034-BOOKING CLASS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ACCRUAL

FRA OTP 1420 T <NAME>
034-BOOKING CLASS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ACCRUAL

What's the deal?? Any ideas?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Oh man.. I see it is a T fare, and it says that's not eligible. ARGH!!! I wish I knew that! I was counting on that to keep my status. Darn Corporate Travel dept!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
believe me, we've all been hit with this before. It's worse when the fare class was eligible for mileage when you booked...but was quietly changed by US before you flew.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:10 am

I'm sure this is mentioned in many places (but not sure where), but how do you check fare classes before booking?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by lizs
I'm sure this is mentioned in many places (but not sure where), but how do you check fare classes before booking?
You'll typically see something like (K) when booking a flight. I always go here to check each *A airlines fare codes.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by lizs
For LH flights, the link is here:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...lufthansa.html

This topic seems to come up about once a month here on the US forum.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Michael El
You'll typically see something like (K) when booking a flight. I always go here to check each *A airlines fare codes.
Depends on the site/ticketing carrier, but it's usually the first letter of the alpha-numeric fare code attacked to the ticket.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:55 pm

US earnings for upgraded UA flight

I have an odd question that I never ran into before. Trying to credit US miles for UA metal flights. My partner I'm flying with on same reservation is UA elite so will have a high chance that we will both get upgraded with his status. My question is will I get 100% BIS miles credited to my US Airways, since an upgrade from economy to business/domestic first would be to I or O class...which technically on US Airways partner earning chart accrues 0%.
I'm thinking it should since it states that it should be based on booking class, which is regular economy ticket. Just wanted to see if any FTer has run into this situation I'm having. Thanks so much!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:01 pm

You'll get the normal 100%, barring any IT glitches from UA.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
There are multiple threads on here where people have had problems getting miles credited to an upgraded UA flight. It may take some persistence to get the miles if they don't get credited automatically.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
UA's system for a while was sending over the booking class flown rather than the booking class purchased, which was causing a zero-credit problem in this scenario when the miles actually went to post. A call (or sometimes a few) to US could get this resolved, as bevoinva said, with a little persistence.

I don't know if that's still the case, or if UA now sends over the correct information. It's been a while since I've seen this topic come up, so maybe they have fixed it. Or maybe everyone is just avoiding UA like the plague, or still sitting at #89 on the upgrade list for an upgrade they're technically not eligible for anyway (unless like in OP's case they share a PNR with a UA elite).
Old Nov 3, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
I flew UA in August on a fare which I upgraded with miles. Got credit for the original booking class I purchased. US directed me to keep receipt and boarding passes just in case there was a problem but I earned the proper credit without having to do anything special.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: US Gold, Avis First, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Preferred Miles on Star Alliance (United)

HI -

I have read many of the post on this forum and can not find a straight answer. Will tix bought on United.com and flown on United metal with a US Dividend Miles number attached get US Preferred Miles (miles that count toward status)?

thx
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: US CP, HH/SPG/MR Gold
um, YES
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Yes, so long as it's not on a flight with one of these numbers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...-miles-ua.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.