Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Prior to booking flights on partner airlines, it is a good idea to check the the US Airways Partner Earning Page.

It is always a good idea to save your boarding pass and any other booking materials, as this may be needed if the miles don't automatically post.
Print Wikipost

Earning US Miles on Partner Airlines

Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: US Gold, Avis First, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks..

Just found:
https://membership.usairways.com/en-.../airlines.html

And, as a Dividend Miles member, you earn Preferred-qualifying miles on all eligible flights.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by NJinPHX
Yes, it is in the Wiki at the top of the thread I merged your thread into.

FYI, there's a sticky at the top of the forum (Links to popular ongoing US Airways Threads: LOOK IN HERE BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS ), it would be a good idea to take a peek in there before posting a new thread.

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:34 pm

How long for LH partner miles to post to US?

How long does it typically take for LH flight partner miles to post to your US DM account?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Both of my LH flights in July posted within 24 hours. If you've been waiting a while for your miles, it's possible that you unknowingly flew a fare class that earns no miles.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo
Both of my LH flights in July posted within 24 hours. If you've been waiting a while for your miles, it's possible that you unknowingly flew a fare class that earns no miles.
It's been 12 days. I booked a fare class that should provide 50% mileage. Not even the segments have posted. Should I submit a request to US? The website makes the process appear manual - looks like I have to mail them my tickets and copy of invoice. What a pain.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AC 75k; UA Gold; Bonvoy Ambassador; Hertz Presidents Circle; Hilton Diamond
Miles posting to DM - UA versus AC

Sorry if this sounds like an uninformed question (i did check the wiki first and couldn't find an answer), but I am trying to book holiday travel and want to ensure I am getting 100% mileage if at all possible. AC has changed their mileage earning fare buckets significantly, and many more AC fares now seem to earn only 50%.

I can book flights for around $250 each way on AC and get 50% DM miles (AC "T" fare class) or book on UA (codeshare, same flights on AC metal) for about $325 which are UA "T" fare bucket, which should accrue at 100% according to DM chart. Note to get 100% miles on AC I would have to spend $800 each way, so pricing difference is significant.

So UA T class code share will earn 100% DM's......or won't they ?

Thanks for the guidance.
Grunion

Last edited by Grunion; Nov 22, 2013 at 5:51 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Grunion
Sorry if this sounds like an uninformed question (i did check the wiki first and couldn't find an answer), but I am trying to book holiday travel and want to ensure I am getting 100% mileage if at all possible. AC has changed their mileage earning fare buckets significantly, and many more AC fares now seem to earn only 50%.

I can book flights for around $250 each way on AC and get 50% DM miles (AC "T" fare class) or book on UA (codeshare, same flights on AC metal) for about $325 which are UA "T" fare bucket, which should accrue at 100% according to DM chart. Note to get 100% miles on AC I would have to spend $800 each way, so pricing difference is significant.

So UA T class code share will earn 100% DM's......or won't they ?

Thanks for the guidance.
Grunion
US gives miles according to operating carrier, which in this case is AC. It doesn't matter who you book the travel through, you'll get the same miles regardless.

I believe this is listed in the link provided in the Wiki at the top of this thread (which I merged your thread into).
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:08 am

Jet Airways Flights Posting to USDM

Just completed a transatlantic journey in J last week but still haven't seen the miles posted. Can anyone tell me how long does it take?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: None
I certainly can't give you an answer for any specific airline, but international carriers (especially those not in *A) may be tied to the clearinghouse schedule which would be 1-2 weeks at a minimum unless there's something in the US/Jet agreement specifying a settling of miles while bypassing the clearinghouse.

Jim
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
500 mile minimum US DM for flying on UA?

Probably been asked and answered multiple times, but I did look in all the usual and recommended places and didn't find it.

I am a US CP with no status on UA (not even a UA FF# !!). If I book a UA itinerary crediting to my US DM# (1) will I get 500 mile minimums? and (2) will I get actual miles (and segments) flown and not the UA direct N/S mileage credited to my DM?

This for January bookings while US will (hopefully!) still be *A.

TIA for the correct info.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: None
Someone else can cover the 500 mi minimum, but "actual" will depend on the flight(s). Multiple flights each having individual flight numbers should earn mileage per segment. "Direct" flights - making a stop but keeping the same flight number - generally earns only N/S miles/segments. And of course, actual N/S flights earn the N/S miles/1 segment.

NOTE - some UA "express" flights don't earn anything and are the subject of another thread.

Jim
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Probably been asked and answered multiple times, but I did look in all the usual and recommended places and didn't find it.

I am a US CP with no status on UA (not even a UA FF# !!). If I book a UA itinerary crediting to my US DM# (1) will I get 500 mile minimums? and (2) will I get actual miles (and segments) flown and not the UA direct N/S mileage credited to my DM?

This for January bookings while US will (hopefully!) still be *A.

TIA for the correct info.
While I believe the *official* policy is that you should only get actual miles flown, and not 500 mile minimums, in reality, I believe you'll receive the 500 mile minimum.

Both my wife and I are preferred on US, and we've flown a half dozen flights on UA in the past couple months where we've credited the flights to US, and all of the segments that are less than 500 miles (CLT-IAD which is three hundred something, CLE-CLT which is four something, etc) have posted as 500 miles in our accounts.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:54 am

Finnair codeshare on AA metal - can I get USDM?

Since this is about mile accrual post merger, decided to post here. Mods, please relocate as you see fit

Flying to/from LHR in September. Looking to have this trip credit to US to make CP this year (probably won't otherwise). Corp booking tool shows Finnair codeshare on AA metal as the cheapest fare in business, can I get DM?

Looking at ways to book either the US codeshare or as the AA flight but those fares are 2k more. I realize that I could post the miles to my AA acct, but wouldn't make CP at the end of the year.

Any insight would be helpful! TIA
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Under oneworld rules, flying a oneworld codeshare operated by a oneworld airline, yes. But check the USDM criteria for earning if they are limited by fare class (they will be in accordance with the USDM earnings for the marketing airline - see here).

As this is really about earning USDM, we'll relocate it for the most informed input; we'll merge it into any existing threead on the issue. /Moderator
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Under oneworld rules, flying a oneworld codeshare operated by a oneworld airline, yes. But check the USDM criteria for earning if they are limited by fare class (they will be in accordance with the USDM earnings for the marketing airline - see here).

As this is really about earning USDM, we'll relocate it for the most informed input; we'll merge it into any existing threead on the issue. /Moderator
Since those rules indicate the flight must be operated by Finnair or a codeshare operated by US, it looks like I'll be unable to accrue the miles for a Finnair marketed flight operated by AA. I guess I'll hold off booking in hopes that particular option drops out the closer I get to internal corp cutoff rules on booking intl flights in business or the US codeshare to the same AA flight changes to be compliant with our rules (which was cheaper still than AAs own fare for that flight).

Last edited by aadkins74; Jul 2, 2014 at 11:47 am Reason: User error while responding on iPhone...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.