Adding Known Traveler Number to Reservation

Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec., SPG Gold, AmEx Plat
Adding Known Traveler Number to Reservation

Hi all,
I was just approved for Global Entry today, and would like to add my Known Traveler Number to an existing reservation in order to make use of Pre-Check. I've added the number to my Dividend Miles profile, but don't see an option to add it in the "Change Passenger Information" section of the reservation online. Does anyone know if I'm covered simply by having it in my Dividend Miles profile, or do I need to call customer service?

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by LondonIce
Hi all,
I was just approved for Global Entry today, and would like to add my Known Traveler Number to an existing reservation in order to make use of Pre-Check. I've added the number to my Dividend Miles profile, but don't see an option to add it in the "Change Passenger Information" section of the reservation online. Does anyone know if I'm covered simply by having it in my Dividend Miles profile, or do I need to call customer service?

Thanks!
I was in a similar situation and was able to enter the number during the check-in process online.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
If you call them, they can do it for you extremely easily. That was my solution last week, at any rate.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Call or check in work. If you do nothing you won't have pre check.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Make sure your profile includes the Known Traveler number then on your existing reservation delete your Dividend Miles number, save the changes then add the Dividend Miles back to the reservation. If this doesn't work, you need to call.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:08 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
My KT number is in my profile, but for some reason I always have to manually enter it in the online check in screens.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Only ports over for reservations made at usairways.com

You will always (until we shift to aa.com) need to enter your known traveler number at checkin unless your reservation was created at usairways.com. If you enter it for checkin on your outbound, you will not need to add it on your return.

Originally Posted by PHL
My KT number is in my profile, but for some reason I always have to manually enter it in the online check in screens.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:24 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
That makes sense because my travel is always booked by my corporate travel agency.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by seattleBH
You will always (until we shift to aa.com) need to enter your known traveler number at checkin unless your reservation was created at usairways.com. If you enter it for checkin on your outbound, you will not need to add it on your return.
Depends on your travel agency I guess. We use HRG/Concur and I never have to enter it at check-in.

Now--at the same time, when I check in online, there is a box that says redress/known traveler number that is blank--which I makes you think you have to enter something there--but I never do, and PreCheck always shows on the boarding pass.

As long as it is in my Frequent Flyer profile at whatever airline, it has always worked.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by seattleBH
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
Depends on your travel agency I guess. We use HRG/Concur and I never have to enter it at check-in.

Now--at the same time, when I check in online, there is a box that says redress/known traveler number that is blank--which I makes you think you have to enter something there--but I never do, and PreCheck always shows on the boarding pass.

As long as it is in my Frequent Flyer profile at whatever airline, it has always worked.
Yep. Exactly. You dont have to enter it in for every flight at check-in. Just like what youvesaiditall said. The box will show blank, but Pre-Check always appears on every one of my boarding passes, and I get the magic three beeps at the scanner every time. I've never manually added my KT except one time in my profile.

The advice to have to manually do it is wrong. But YMMV I suppose.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: US airways
Using known traveler number on an international airline

Hi, I will be flying SATA airline next week. I reviewed my ticket info today online and noticed there is no place for me to enter my known traveler number. I know this won't affect my ability to go through the kiosk however I've noticed that when this number is on my account, I get through check in at my international location speedier (when flying home) and of course, there is always pre-check. Does anyone know how I can add this number in so it's on my record?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.