Wiki Posts
Search

Pictures of food on US

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Pictures of food on US

Figured it would be good to have a thread with pictures of the food.

US CLT-SEA in July 2013:

Shock Top and bag of Snack Mix

Mushroom risotto and some sort of beef with gravy.

Cheescake.

Last edited by iztok; Jul 9, 2013 at 11:43 pm Reason: Re-added pictures.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: airberlin gold, club carlson gold, hhonors gold
pics wont load for me. anyone else too?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Not viewable for me either.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Ok. I guess phone UL doesn't work. How does one resize on this board?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by iztok
Ok. I guess phone UL doesn't work. How does one resize on this board?
I can see the photos, but they are WAY too big. You need to resize them before you upload them here.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by tommyleo
I can see the photos, but they are WAY too big. You need to resize them before you upload them here.
Pics are a great suggestion though, since the glowing descriptions from the menus aren't always well-translated to the plate. And this could serve as a nice history of in-flight service before the merger happens (assuming it does).

A couple suggestions: It would be nice to know what and when the inflight service is from -- for example, is it transcon breakfast service out of LAX, or Envoy dinner from CLT to LHR, or the VGML coach special meal from PHL to TLV? A short description could be handy too, as that would let people find posts using the FLyerTalk board "search" feature.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:47 pm

Great idea! I'm always curious as to what US serves in first class. Despite 30+ FC flights in the past 12 months, I've never been on a long enough flight to get a meal. But rest assured, I've memorized the contents of the trusty snack basket.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
The irony for me is that although I've photographed and shared dozens of meals on most of my *A award itineraries, I have never once photographed a meal on a domestic US flight in F. I guess I was never that inspired!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by tommyleo
The irony for me is that although I've photographed and shared dozens of meals on most of my *A award itineraries, I have never once photographed a meal on a domestic US flight in F. I guess I was never that inspired!
I've taken a few pictures, and have uploaded them to similar threads in the past. I know there's a few, but haven't gone through the search to find them.

If we're starting a new thread, I'd suggest adding a few things to clarify the photos:
* date, or at least the month/year
* flight#, or at least org/dest (CLT-PHX)
* some sort of description as to what is in the picture, and your thoughts on how the food looked/tasted would be fantastic.

OP: you really need to reduce the size of your photos. The easiest way is to open in Paint, then make them 50% or so. Save those to your computer. Then in, "MyFlyerTalk," click on your albums, and you can upload them. It gives you a link where you can copy/paste into a thread.
PM me if you need more help.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

I'll fix the pics later tonight.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
I had that exact meal pictured yesterday on US 717, PHL-LAX.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: US Gold
This thread's a good idea; I've often wondered what x or y meal is (I'm usually trying to get a glimpse of other people's meals before picking). A long-running annoyance is how little the catering staff are told about ingredients, etc, so you're usually choosing blind.

FYI: there has for many years been a site just for swapping pictures of airline meals: www.airlinemeals.net.

ETA: the US Airways pics on that site are here: http://www.airlinemeals.net/browseme...x=1&type=first

wg
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus

Breakfast on flight 253 PHL-PHX this morning, 7/10.

Pictured is a spinach, tomato, and egg casserole (similar to a frittata or crustless quiche) roasted potatoes with rosemary, turkey sausage link, biscuit, and assorted fruit.

I was pleasantly surprised by the size and taste of this breakfast. The casserole was delicious. Potatoes were a little heavy on rosemary flavor but not overwhelming. The sausage was average and the biscuit was pretty good, served with butter and jam. All the fruit was ripe and flavorful. It was a nice assortment too (cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, orange, and grapes).

There was also an oatmeal option of some sort but it was gone by the time the FA made it to me so I didn't get the details about it.

Last edited by gruss; Jul 10, 2013 at 9:34 am
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: US Airways Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by hginPHL
I had that exact meal pictured yesterday on US 717, PHL-LAX.
Eating it now on my ATL-PHX flight. Not too bad. The cheesecake is really good.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Any envoy pics? And what's to drink on envoy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.