Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 18, 13, 5:41 am   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,072
Who to complain to for not receiving the 15k bonus miles for Promotion?

I received the Promotional offer for 15k U.S. Airways bonus miles if you spend $750 or more per month for 3 consecutive months. It also stated that my bonus miles would appear on the statement 6-8 weeks after the promotion ended. Mine ended April 30, 2013 and my statement date closed yesterday with zero miles.

CSR and Supervisor are useless. They keep insisting I have one week left for 15k miles to post but I won't have a statement till July 17, 2013 which would make it 11 weeks.

CSR and Supervisor said they can't manually make adjustment.

Who can I write to or who can I call who has the authority to post the miles on my account?

I have better results with delta.bomb then barclay
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 6:37 am   #2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
I received the Promotional offer for 15k U.S. Airways bonus miles if you spend $750 or more per month for 3 consecutive months. It also stated that my bonus miles would appear on the statement 6-8 weeks after the promotion ended. Mine ended April 30, 2013 and my statement date closed yesterday with zero miles.

CSR and Supervisor are useless. They keep insisting I have one week left for 15k miles to post but I won't have a statement till July 17, 2013 which would make it 11 weeks.

CSR and Supervisor said they can't manually make adjustment.

Who can I write to or who can I call who has the authority to post the miles on my account?

I have better results with delta.bomb then barclay
On the same boat as you. Have you spoken with a manager at Barcaly? I believe they are responsible, not US Airways.

Curious though, has your spending also been done via AP?
maxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 6:56 am   #3
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxel View Post
On the same boat as you. Have you spoken with a manager at Barcaly? I believe they are responsible, not US Airways.

Curious though, has your spending also been done via AP?
I believe it was the manager and supervisor. I never spoke to U.S. airways. They all insist I will receive it next week as it would be my 8th weeks.

I think since I didn't make a spending this past month, it never generated the 15k. U.S. Airways is useless.

What is AP?
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 7:03 am   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SYR
Programs: US-Platnium, HH-Diamond, AVIS-Presidents Club
Posts: 2,476
Can you not just wait one more week? Sheesh.
bkafrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 8:01 am   #5
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,072
Waiting a week is not the reason for my complaint.

The fine print stated:

"Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion"

Next statement is mid July.
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 10:23 am   #6
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Phoenix
Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, Best Western Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkafrick View Post
Can you not just wait one more week? Sheesh.
Maybe he is needing those miles for an award trip. You have no knowledge of why the OP wants the miles at the time he was told he would have them.

OP, I'm waiting as well so maybe they are just behind schedule. Wouldn't be shocking. Keep us updated.
WiscAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 10:43 am   #7
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ZRH/SFO
Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold
Posts: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
"Your bonus miles will appear on your statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion"
April 30th + 8 weeks makes June 30th...
Air Rarotonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 12:22 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Phoenix
Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, Best Western Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga View Post
April 30th + 8 weeks makes June 30th...
It would actually be June 25th.
WiscAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 1:38 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SYR
Programs: US-Platnium, HH-Diamond, AVIS-Presidents Club
Posts: 2,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscAZ View Post
It would actually be June 25th.
So my "wait a week" advice wasnt so bad after all, huh?
bkafrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 1:45 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Phoenix
Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, Best Western Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkafrick View Post
So my "wait a week" advice wasnt so bad after all, huh?
I don't think you were helpful at all. Maybe explain yourself to the OP.
WiscAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 3:17 pm   #11
PHL
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Philadelphia
Programs: AA Gold, US Gold, HH Dia
Posts: 7,554
I don't think you need to wait for the next DM statement to generate. When the miles post, you'll see them in your online account activity. If you don't see them by June 30, then call back and refer them to the 6-8 week note and, hopefully, open a case.
PHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 13, 10:31 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL View Post
I don't think you need to wait for the next DM statement to generate. When the miles post, you'll see them in your online account activity. If you don't see them by June 30, then call back and refer them to the 6-8 week note and, hopefully, open a case.
Sent an email through the US Barclay account site. They are going to look into this.

Thanks all.
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 13, 9:50 am   #13
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wine Country, Finger Lakes
Programs: LFFRS BOD
Posts: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Sent an email through the US Barclay account site. They are going to look into this.

Thanks all.

So did you get your 15k bonus miles and if so can you share when?

Husband had the 3 mos offer ending in August.. still no bonus miles and has put spent on Sept.. this statement closes Oct 2nd.

Already PM them and got a message riddled with mistakes.. dates in 2012 and total purchases incorrect amount .
Waiting a few more days to see if they post.
__________________
the sweepster
duranza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 13, 5:06 pm   #14
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: HH Gold, Marriott silver, PC Plat
Posts: 2,111
Mine took until the statement 8 weeks after the promo ended to post. That meant 3 statements after the promo. Amazingly slow.
mileshound is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:28 am.