DCA/BOS, few Saturday pm flights?

Old Sep 29, 2013, 8:35 am
Original Poster

DCA/BOS, few Saturday pm flights?

What happened with the shuttle DCA/BOS on Saturday afternoons and evenings? Northbound there is only 230 and 430, while southbound, the last shuttle on Saturday is at 2 pm.

In contrast, the Jet Blue flights in the late Saturday afternoon get heavily booked. Did US concede the Saturday DCA/BOS market to Jet Blue?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA/AS/UA; Bonvoy
For what it's worth, DCA-BOS has more flights than LGA-BOS or DCA-LGA on Saturdays.

The shuttle is primarily marketed to business travelers, and Saturday isn't really a peak day for that. If I had to guess, that's probably why they're not focused on running as many Saturday shuttles.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
USS was deeply deeply discounting Saturday flights. Suggests that they just couldn't sell the seats. Post recession, the answer to low yield is to cut capacity until prices increase.

Try JetBlue which has plenty of service into the evening in both directions on Saturday.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
JetBlue also flies BOS-BWI/IAD if either of those airports is convenient for you. Their prices are often, though not always, lower than US.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: US GP, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis First, Enterprise Plat
i think the shuttle is only marketed for mon-fri although they do run these routes on weekends, just not as much. either UA or B6 have decent frequency into IAD i believe...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.