FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Grand Slam 2013: Advance Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1466393-grand-slam-2013-advance-discussion.html)

TallestHotelInJapan May 12, 2013 7:43 am

Grand Slam 2013: Advance Discussion

Summer is coming soon, so will Grand Slam 2013. Are you guys well prepared for the promotion of the year? I spoke to Sister Nancy in NYC about the future food deliveries and she is looking forward. And I also accumulated some points on my Choice account.

uva185 May 12, 2013 8:20 am

Well the Grand Slam promotion did not run last year so I wouldn't expect it to run this year, especially with the merger taking place this fall.

pantanal May 12, 2013 9:08 am

don't think there will be one. Plus US has been selling promo miles pretty much non stop

dcpatti May 12, 2013 9:09 am

Yeah I'd plan carefully so that I wasn't stuck with 6 useless prepaid car reservations. Maybe it happens, maybe it don't, but since they nixed it last year, I personally wouldn't invest any money, and not very much time, into pre-planning for this one. E-rewards I'd do; buying hotel points or diverting stays to lesser programs just for the sake of the points, I wouldn't.

starflyer May 12, 2013 9:17 am

Grand Slam was more of a Fall promotion than Summer. But I think the bloggers (Mommy Points, etc.) destroyed the promo in the eyes of US Airways, so I don't expect it back again.

TallestHotelInJapan May 12, 2013 10:46 am

Originally Posted by starflyer (Post 20738226)
Grand Slam was more of a Fall promotion than Summer. But I think the bloggers (Mommy Points, etc.) destroyed the promo in the eyes of US Airways, so I don't expect it back again.

Hmmm... Pretty much not encouraging me to prepare

thomwithanh May 12, 2013 2:17 pm

"He's dead Jim"

miffSC May 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Very good point made here...

phisher4 May 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Grand Slam 2013: Advance Discussion

Does anyone on the forum have an inside connection to US marketing?

Michael El Jul 20, 2013 5:22 pm

I have my fingers crossed that there will be one last hurrah before the merger. I need the extra PQM points as I will struggle to make gold this year.

BoeingBoy Jul 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Anything is possible, but the Grand Slam was about revenue and pumping the number of elites up. The merger is going to cover both pretty well - not that many dual elites (AA and US) given different alliances and AA is going to exit bankruptcy with a tidy sum (plus the ability to sell more new equity/borrow via convertible bonds).

Jim

Readygo Jul 22, 2013 10:07 am

I would rather see double miles (PQM) like last year.

WiscAZ Jul 22, 2013 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Readygo (Post 21138618)
I would rather see double miles (PQM) like last year.

Agreed, I'm holding off on booking any travel in Oct-Dec in hopes that they run this promo again.

Alphaguy Jul 23, 2013 9:40 am

Originally Posted by phisher4 (Post 20772816)
Does anyone on the forum have an inside connection to US marketing?

I hear they are typing their resumes up for the merger and not worrying about Grand Slam..... Jim also mentioned that the merger will likely solve the problem...

tommyleo Aug 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Alphaguy (Post 21144619)
I hear they are typing their resumes up for the merger and not worrying about Grand Slam..... Jim also mentioned that the merger will likely solve the problem...

No merger (at least for now) = Grand Slam 2013? :D

One can dream...