Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles: new & existing members*

Earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles when you buy or renew an annual membership by May 31, 2014. Enroll or renew online or call 800-828-8522 and use promo code NM500 for new memberships or CR500 for renewals.

Link to US site:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/default.html
Click on the, "News & Offers," tab and it is the 2nd item down.
Print Wikipost

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Is it possible to repurchase on he day of travel at the club? I have the $75 off club membership cert from MasterCard but I would really like to purchase with cash that day.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:13 am

1. I just signed up online and didn't realize I got a $75 discount from Barclay MC. If I call do you think they would fix the charge?
2. Loving the 5k PQM's. I'm on track to hit 41k miles this year and was planning to buy up at $579 to Gold. This is still more expensive ($375 for club + $399 buy up or MR) but at least I get something out of it rather than the $579 buy up with no benefit!

Great promo, perfect timing. Now to figure out how to get the additional 4k PQM's I'll need - hopefully without buying up!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by lizs
1. I just signed up online and didn't realize I got a $75 discount from Barclay MC. If I call do you think they would fix the charge?
2. Loving the 5k PQM's. I'm on track to hit 41k miles this year and was planning to buy up at $579 to Gold. This is still more expensive ($375 for club + $399 buy up or MR) but at least I get something out of it rather than the $579 buy up with no benefit!

Great promo, perfect timing. Now to figure out how to get the additional 4k PQM's I'll need - hopefully without buying up!
Take a look at some flights to the northeast. You can do a one night turn from PHX to BOS for example and pick up just under 5k miles for $278 RT on a number of days through the end of the year. It's 5.56cpm so not really "mileage run deal" territory but cheaper than buying up for 4k miles.

Depends on whether the time commitment and extra PQM are worth it to you vs just attaining gold, realizing that between the club membership and buying up to gold you would be lower on the upgrade list than a majority of golds who have flown the 50k or more miles.

However if you're primarily looking for the extra checked bags and star gold benefits when traveling on other carriers, I don't think I'd take the time to do a cross country MR to shave off $100 vs the buy up.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by gruss
Take a look at some flights to the northeast. You can do a one night turn from PHX to BOS for example and pick up just under 5k miles for $278 RT on a number of days through the end of the year. It's 5.56cpm so not really "mileage run deal" territory but cheaper than buying up for 4k miles.

Depends on whether the time commitment and extra PQM are worth it to you vs just attaining gold, realizing that between the club membership and buying up to gold you would be lower on the upgrade list than a majority of golds who have flown the 50k or more miles.

However if you're primarily looking for the extra checked bags and star gold benefits when traveling on other carriers, I don't think I'd take the time to do a cross country MR to shave off $100 vs the buy up.

Very good points, I hadn't thought of it that way. Because of a couple transcons on United I'm probably very low on the Silver list anyways so I'll be happy to be bottom of the barrel in Gold. When you break it down like that it makes sense to just buy up for various reasons (want Gold right away with 75 PQM's planned for next year, check bags often so priority handling is big perk, an international trip so *G is nice, lots of flying on United, etc.)
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond

I was wondering about this too. But the back of the $75 discount cert says it cannot be combined with the preferred member discount...which is worth at least $75.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I was told point blank that the preferred member discount essentially invalidated the $75 off from Barclay's MC.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by gruss

The only problem with doing the buy up is you only get the status and not the PQMs and bonus.

I'm doing two mileage runs to hit Gold.

US SAN-MCO to visit a friend 11/24-11/26 4,696 PQMs +50% Gold bonus miles for $329

UA SAN-PHL, same-day turn around, 5,422 PQMs +50% Gold bonus miles for $274
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:52 pm

You are all the best, all the advice is great!

Is there a master thread on US Air clubs, benefits, rules, restrictions, etc.? I searched but couldn't seem to find one.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bighead1970
I just called and joined. This new promo for 5k PQM was not suppose to come out until next week but since it is on the website they are honoring it a week early. I was able to convert my 90 day trial into a full member and get the 5K bonus.
I have been on a 90 day trial thinking there would be a promo for me to use soon enough. My question is- why does it seems like the CLT agents are the most unfriendly in the system? Is it because I'm not a full member? How do they treat members who come in on their Amex Platinum cards, or is am I just scraping the bottom of the barrel when it travel on this 90 day club trial?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EP
You are all the best, all the advice is great!

Is there a master thread on US Air clubs, benefits, rules, restrictions, etc.? I searched but couldn't seem to find one.
I don't believe there's a dedicate thread for the US Airways clubs, but they typically would be mentioned in various A US Guide to.... threads e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...a-airport.html

For T&C, you have looked at this, right? https://membership.usairways.com/en-...b/default.html

Or may be you have a specific question?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I got this offer today in email, valid until Oct 25

Originally Posted by US offer
Renew your US Airways Club membership by October 25, 2013 and you'll get $50 off. You'll also earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles. Just be sure to use promo code CR500.

An annual club membership gives you access to more than 250 clubs worldwide. It's the perfect place to relax or work before and between your flights.
I needed to renew so will do that today. If I'm reading this right, renewal should only be $275 for CP with this offer.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Yep, got the same one here. Pulling the trigger on a renewal this morning.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Do you guys know if the 5,000 PQM count towards special dividend purposes? I will be like 3,000 short of the special dividend to get upgraded on award flights, so if they count, I'm pulling the trigger.

Last edited by mbece; Oct 22, 2013 at 7:16 am
Old Oct 22, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by mbece
Do you guys know if the 5,000 PQM count towards dividend miles purposes? I will be like 3,000 short of the special dividend to get upgraded on award flights, so if they count, I'm pulling the trigger.
Yes it does.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
FYI, the miles posted about 2-3 days after I renewed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.