Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles: new & existing members*

Earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles when you buy or renew an annual membership by May 31, 2014. Enroll or renew online or call 800-828-8522 and use promo code NM500 for new memberships or CR500 for renewals.

Link to US site:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/default.html
Click on the, "News & Offers," tab and it is the 2nd item down.
Print Wikipost

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by LM225
You should be able to get access to US clubs right away (when you buy, ask them to send you a membership letter via email). The card can take a couple of weeks to arrive. I've had mixed results using just the letter to get into partner lounges.
My next flight is on US on 4/25 and again on 4/30, then United on 5/5. I just want to put off the purchase as long as possible but still have my cards in time for the 5/5 trip.

Will the membership letter get a travel partner in to a US lounge as well?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oldsmoboi
Will the membership letter get a travel partner in to a US lounge as well?
Yep, it gives you all of the benefits of membership.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
The sign-up page includes the following info on the period from submission to receipt of membership card:

Membership will be active on the third business day after submitting the online application. Membership card and materials will arrive at the address provided above in approximately 4-6 weeks. To use your membership from the time of activation until your membership card is received, present your Dividend Miles card and a photo ID at any US Airways Club.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: DM member since 1996, DM Gold, Marriott Gold
I purchased on march 25th. Still waiting for my card. Data point.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:01 am

Talking

Confirmation received and 5,000 PQM miles posted within 8 minutes of online renewal! ^
Old May 3, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by BigErn
Confirmation received and 5,000 PQM miles posted within 8 minutes of online renewal! ^
Just pulled the trigger on my renewal even though I have the AmEx plat - been doing a lot of UA clubs this year and have easily had $325 of snack/booze value.
The PQMs posted immediately!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
United Club open in SAN

Well, the T2 United Club at SAN is now open and with the uncertainty of US leaving Star, might have to spring for a US Club membership in addition to AMEX Plat. Don't need the PQM though unless there is a 125K special dividend.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by jfinsocal
Well, the T2 United Club at SAN is now open and with the uncertainty of US leaving Star, might have to spring for a US Club membership in addition to AMEX Plat. Don't need the PQM though unless there is a 125K special dividend.
There is. And as luck would have it, it's a free Club membership

Plus Gold status for a friend.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:09 am

Can anyone tell me if US club members can bring their family to a UA club, or is it just 1 guest? I know UA club members get immediate family or 2 guests to a US club, but is the reciprocal true?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
There is. And as luck would have it, it's a free Club membership

Plus Gold status for a friend.
And at that level of flying, there probably aren't too many people looking to do a MR to get to 125k miles. I wonder if you can activate your free club membership toward the end of your current membership if you buy one?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:48 am

How is the T2 club at SAN? I'm flying there in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to stop in. It's all contingent on what they'll take to show I'm a US Club member without having the card in hand yet.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by jr57
And at that level of flying, there probably aren't too many people looking to do a MR to get to 125k miles. I wonder if you can activate your free club membership toward the end of your current membership if you buy one?
That's a good question. I haven't hit 125K in a year. Wonder if the special dividend club membership is treated as a regular membership that you activate (and is then active for 12 months), or is more of a "club access" benefit that gets you into the club for the duration of the DM program year.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
How is the T2 club at SAN? I'm flying there in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to stop in. It's all contingent on what they'll take to show I'm a US Club member without having the card in hand yet.
It looked nice from the outside, up the escalator next to the new Delta Club.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
... is more of a "club access" benefit that gets you into the club for the duration of the DM program year.
Yes, the complimentary Club membership at the 125k level/segment equivalent runs for the duration of the DM program year; e.g. my Club card has an expiration date of 02/28/2014.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by kudzu
Yes, the complimentary Club membership at the 125k level/segment equivalent runs for the duration of the DM program year; e.g. my Club card has an expiration date of 02/28/2014.
Good to know. It looks like this may be my first year hitting 125K (hooray, I guess ), glad I didn't renew my membership through next summer for no reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.