Wiki Posts
Search

Returning to US from NAS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, US CP
Returning to US from NAS

I'm returning to the US (DCA) from NAS on US. Am I correct in understanding that I will clear US customs and immigration at NAS? And if there is no Global Entry kiosk there, as I assume, will I be able to use my CBT sticker to jump the queue?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Ejote
I'm returning to the US (DCA) from NAS on US. Am I correct in understanding that I will clear US customs and immigration at NAS? And if there is no Global Entry kiosk there, as I assume, will I be able to use my CBT sticker to jump the queue?
I'm 99.99% positive there are no customs/immigration facilities for commercial passengers at DCA, so I would say yes, you are correct in understanding that you'll clear customs in NAS. Don't know the answer to the global entry kiosk question, sorry.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
There is Customs clearance at DCA but only for private jets. Commercial passengers to DCA from NAS will preclear in NAS.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
No Global Entry at NAS.
http://www.globalentry.gov/locations.html
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCdeacon
I'm 99.99% positive there are no customs/immigration facilities for commercial passengers at DCA, so I would say yes, you are correct in understanding that you'll clear customs in NAS. Don't know the answer to the global entry kiosk question, sorry.
That was my thinking -- I have flown out of DCA too often to have missed customs and immigration facilities, although I'm interested to note that there are some available for general aviation.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
The CBT sticker is for use when the GE kiosk is broken. You can't use it to jump the line at a non-GE location.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bevoinva
The CBT sticker is for use when the GE kiosk is broken. You can't use it to jump the line at a non-GE location.
Are you sure? I was told during my interview that you could do precisely that, although I will admit thinking at the time that I would not like to see the looks of everyone else in line.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 2:30 pm

Are you sure? I was told during my interview that you could do precisely that, although I will admit thinking at the time that I would not like to see the looks of everyone else in line.
Check the global entry thread over in the security forum for some specific stories. A few people have reported success doing that but definitely not an official benefit of the program. Let me know if it works for you at NAS as I am doing the same flight in early March!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:45 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Question Hmmm...

Originally Posted by bevoinva
Check the global entry thread over in the security forum for some specific stories. A few people have reported success doing that but definitely not an official benefit of the program. Let me know if it works for you at NAS as I am doing the same flight in early March!
Would LOVE to know the answer as well!!!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

So the line was very short and it ended up not mattering. I will say that there was no one available to ask whether I could skip ahead, so (assuming this is representative) one would have to have the guts to cut the line first and assume it is acceptable, which could backfire horribly and would in any event anger everyone else. So I won't be doing it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 2:22 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
GE is not available in locations without the GE kiosks. Plain and simple. This was frustrating when returning from Dublin, Ireland where you also pre-clear. It was a lonnnnngggg line and the agents looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked if there were any GE kiosks.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
GE is not available in locations without the GE kiosks. Plain and simple. This was frustrating when returning from Dublin, Ireland where you also pre-clear. It was a lonnnnngggg line and the agents looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked if there were any GE kiosks.
They actually have added GE in Dublin and Shannon now for pre-clearance. You are certainly correct about the lines there. Looking forward to using the kiosks on our next trip over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.