Wiki Posts
Search

US @ LAX to move from T1 to T3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by onic
Jim is correct. US will be moving to T3 the last week of February 2014, with one hard gate. Overflow flights will use the stands.
Overflow, perhaps, but it was stated that AA is already using the west end stands for 20 flights a day. I can tell you right now that there are not 20 flights a day going out of the stands on the west end. Looking at departures and arrivals confirms this.

Jim might be confusing it with Eagle which is on the east end past T8, but that is nothing new, and nothing to base mainline performance on.

Last edited by PainCorp; Dec 21, 2013 at 5:14 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
mini review - US Airways Dividend Lounge @ LAX

Originally Posted by jdawg
What do we think will happen to the US Airways Club?
This "club" is a dump IMO.
Its hidden behind Starbucks (not easy to find). Opens at 05:30 (there was a lineup of 6 FTs when I arrived!). Its offerings included:
- no cold cereals, only sweet oatmeal;
- no bananas, only apples (unwrapped, very stale);
- bagels, no other bread, PB but no jam (I am not kidding!)
- the selection of periodicals was three months old (i.e. November 2013). Again, I am not kidding.
Thank goodness my 07:00 flight was O/T. Otherwise, I can't imagine being stuck in that place for hours!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Its hidden behind Starbucks (not easy to find). Opens at 05:30 (there was a lineup of 6 FTs when I arrived!). Its offerings included:
- the selection of periodicals was three months old (i.e. November 2013). Again, I am not kidding.
Thank goodness my 07:00 flight was O/T. Otherwise, I can't imagine being stuck in that place for hours!
PB but no jam?!?!

Oh, the horror!!!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:40 am

I put in another thread that I find the US club at LAX oddly calming. Before a red eye it was very dark, quiet. And the agents there are the best there, they definitely take pride in their jobs and working for US. It's definitely not the fanciest but it's comfortable - in the daytime I could see liking it much less.

I also like that it's pretty hidden since that means less people realize it's there, and therefore less crowded.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Just got an email indicating that the VX lounge at T3 has become a Priority Pass lounge.

http://www.prioritypass.com/lounges/...anuary14+Ezine
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
T3 - TBIT - T4 will be linked?

By 2015, the construction linking TBIT with US T3 is supposed to be completed, so there should then be access between those and AA T4?

http://www.clarkconstruction.com/our...rse-demolition

(note in graphic: T4 on left, TBIT in center, and T3 on right)

Last edited by cloud77; Jan 24, 2014 at 12:20 pm
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cloud77
By 2015, the construction linking TBIT with US T3 is supposed to be completed, so there should then be access between those and AA T4?

http://www.clarkconstruction.com/our...rse-demolition

(note in graphic: T4 on left, TBIT in center, and T3 on right)
Nope. The T-4 connector to TBIT is supposed to be finished by the end of 2015:

A new, open-seating plaza on the Upper/Departures Level. The connector is to be completed by the end of 2015, and is the latest component of the LAX Modernization.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...P-drx0vICe0v8g

The T-3 connector to TBIT hasn't begun yet; it hasn't even been sent out for bids. My guess is that the T-3 connector might be done by 2018 or so.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Thanks for clearing things up for those of us that don't know LAX as well...2018 is a bit tougher to get excited about.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: US CP and 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; MARRIOTT PLAT
Originally Posted by jdawg
What do we think will happen to the US Airways Club?
I was at the club on Thursday and the agent told me that club employees got furlough notices effective February 11 as the T1 location i sclosing. She said that US is thinking of opening a club in T3 but no concrete plans yet.

She also urged me (and others) to write to US to ask them to keep a club continuously operating at LAX...I will do that since they are such a nice group of people running the club.

If you use the LAX club, please write US to politely ask them to open a club at T3 asap and retain the workers.

Last edited by matthans; Feb 1, 2014 at 11:37 am
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by matthans
I was at the club on Thursday and the agent told me that club employees got furlough notices effective February 11 as the T1 location i sclosing. She said that US is thinking of opening a club in T3 but no concrete plans yet.

She also urged me (and others) to write to US to ask them to keep a club continuously operating at LAX...I will do that since they are such a nice group of people running the club.

If you use the LAX club, please write US to politely ask them to open a club at T3 asap and retain the workers.
That's too bad , they're very passionate and great workers. I will be sure to write to US Airways since I seflishly don't want to be club-less and I don't want those workers to be furloughed. I'm surprised they can't find a way to incorporate them into the AA operation somehow to keep their jobs.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
This whole thing sound like a huge mess. One gate for as many as 20 flights a day and no club in the second largest metropolitan area in the US? Nothing like disincentivizing people from flying US. Remote pad flights and nowhere for a complimentary cocktail to make it all tolerable...

For the life of me I cannot figure out how LAX is going to untangle the mess that is their gate situation. AA/US, DL, UA and WN are all clamoring for more space.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lizs
That's too bad , they're very passionate and great workers. I will be sure to write to US Airways since I seflishly don't want to be club-less and I don't want those workers to be furloughed. I'm surprised they can't find a way to incorporate them into the AA operation somehow to keep their jobs.
That's up to their union to negotiate that with AA/US.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
You really will not like Admiral's clubs then. You don't walk in and expect breakfast other then coffee and if you're lucky little muffins.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by B767capt
That's up to their union to negotiate that with AA/US.
Not really true. Most club employees are actually contract employees, not union employees of either airline. Other then those that are at the check in desks, all others at AA's clubs at LAX all work for contractors.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Good luck at T3rdWorld- I am too familiar with it as an AS flyer out of LAX. It's a dog of a terminal (the VX side is marginally better, but only marginally). Very glad when AS escaped there.
...and nestled at T6 where I discovered my now-favorite pasta salad at Monet's. Try it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.