Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Benefits of the US Airways Mastercard
(full website found here)

US Airways Premier World MasterCard®
(annual fee of $89)
  • Redeem award travel for 5,000 fewer miles
  • 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases and 1 mile for every $1 you spend everywhere else
  • Annual companion certificate good for roundtrip travel for up to 2 guests for $99 each
  • Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in

US Airways World MasterCard®
(annual fee of $49)
  • 1 mile for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases
  • Annual companion certificate good for roundtrip travel for 1 guest for $149
  • Redeem award travel for 5,000 fewer miles

US Airways Business MasterCard®
(annual fee of $79)
  • 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases
  • Additional cards for employees to earn you greater rewards
  • Complimentary US Airways Club day pass

Related thread:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Print Wikipost

Benefits of US Airways MasterCard®

Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Benefits of US Airways MasterCard®

I have been approved for the Barclays US Airways card. However, I have not yet received it (or therefore activated it).

I am flying out tomorrow. Is there any way I can still use this to receive a free checked bag?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
the US Airways credit card doesnt give free checked bags as a benefit
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whytravelsomuch
the US Airways credit card doesnt give free checked bags as a benefit
Well don't I sound really stupid. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:03 pm

Getting a free checked bag before credit card comes

Here's Another dumb question: Why don't they offer a free bag when competing cards do?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: DM member since 1996, DM Gold, Marriott Gold
I would rather have the 10k PQM after a 25k spend in a calendar year, 2 companions for $99 each and double points on all purchases made on usairways.com than 1 free checked bag.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
Originally Posted by phisher4
Here's Another dumb question: Why don't they offer a free bag when competing cards do?
Because they dont feel it necessary to make their credit cards competitive products.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:02 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I have heard that credit card holders are allowed to check in at First Class check in. Is this correct? It was an old thread where I saw that.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by fti
I have heard that credit card holders are allowed to check in at First Class check in. Is this correct? It was an old thread where I saw that.
Yes, this is a benefit that I just added to the Wikipost above:
Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:41 pm

Miles posting question

Does anyone know long does it take for the 30,000 miles to post to your US Airways account after your first statement?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by jmkck9
Does anyone know long does it take for the 30,000 miles to post to your US Airways account after your first statement?
My statement closed 11/15 and my US account shows miles in there 11/16.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Bighead1970
I would rather have the 10k PQM after a 25k spend in a calendar year, 2 companions for $99 each and double points on all purchases made on usairways.com than 1 free checked bag.
And 5k less for award travel booked on US metal! I think that's pretty unique compared to other airlines' cards.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by briansee
And 5k less for award travel booked on US metal! I think that's pretty unique compared to other airlines' cards.
The Citi AA cards give 10% of the miles booked back, up to 10K/year. Depending on the situation, that may be a better deal. Not if you don't have enough miles for the award though.

I'm not aware of another airline card that gives a percentage of miles used back, so that too is unique.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:58 pm

My statement shows the miles reported as 3 less than the dollars spent on purchases: there were no finance charges, fees, or reversed charges to confuse the matter. If they round to the closest 10, that hasn't happened on previous statements. This may look like a trivial matter, but with another airline once I had a balance ending with 995, when I was ready to book an award at the next round number. Any explanation here?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by rove312
My statement shows the miles reported as 3 less than the dollars spent on purchases: there were no finance charges, fees, or reversed charges to confuse the matter. If they round to the closest 10, that hasn't happened on previous statements. This may look like a trivial matter, but with another airline once I had a balance ending with 995, when I was ready to book an award at the next round number. Any explanation here?
Points are awarded for each purchase individually rather than combined at the end of the month. They also round up at the 50 cent mark... so a purchase of $7.50 earns 8 points, but one for $7.49 only earns 7.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: US DMS, UA, AA, SW, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold Plus, Amtrak
Quick question. Hopefully not a stupid one. If I use a travel agent to book my US Airways flights and pay them with my US Airways Premier World MasterCard®, will I get the double miles? Or do I need to book the flights personally?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.