Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 Rev. Envoy Seats Left - When will CP Upgrade Open?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Got to the checkin and asked to upgrade again - no dice. Once on board there was a woman sitting a few rows behind me who got moved up before takeoff and told the woman sitting next to her that she had paid for an upgrade. This seems like pure shenanigans to me. I get it that they want to maximize yield but they really need to set some hard and fast rules here, or else people like me will just get too pissed off with the arbitrary nature of the whole thing.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NYTA
Got to the checkin and asked to upgrade again - no dice. Once on board there was a woman sitting a few rows behind me who got moved up before takeoff and told the woman sitting next to her that she had paid for an upgrade. This seems like pure shenanigans to me. I get it that they want to maximize yield but they really need to set some hard and fast rules here, or else people like me will just get too pissed off with the arbitrary nature of the whole thing.
I don't think it's shenanigans. The CP certs are a benefit that US doesn't really believe in; it was a "me too" to compete with UA. A number of years ago I was put into an "executive services" program at US, clearly ment to compete with UA's Global Services - lasted 6 months.

I've said it many times here. do not count on these certs. If they happen to work it is a pure gift. And never give US money (buy up to CP) to get these certs, much better to think miles and dollars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.