Interesting USAirways upgrade bug

Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP, HHonors Gold
Interesting USAirways upgrade bug

A little background, I am gold with USAir. So 2 weeks ago I did a multiple city itinerary with US, and I did not receive any go/nogo upgrade emails and was upgraded at the airport at check in for most of my flights.

So thinking that something was wrong with my account I called the gold line and this is the e-mail response I received after they investigated the issue:

"Dear Mr. Cybrwzrd,

Thank you for contacting US Airways.

Currently there is a known issue with the auto upgrade program when the Preferred member has a long first or last name and the ticket is a multi-city reservation (more than four flights in one reservation). We are working on correcting this issue and hope to have this fixed in the near future.

For future multi-city reservations, you will need to call your designated Preferred Customer Service number 1-877-776-5730 3 days prior to travel to have a representative review your reservation and check availability for a complimentary upgrade. Your Dividend Miles account has been documented with this information so the representative will be aware of your specific situation.

Thank you for being a member of our Dividend Miles program. We look forward to assisting you with any future needs."

I am fairly well versed in IT, how in the hell does name length even come in to play when processing upgrades... it just does not make sense. By the way, my first name is a very common 11 letter first name - Christopher. My last name is only 6 letters.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Interesting, my last name is 5 + Jr, I have a 5 segment multi city this week, but got my upgrades
Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:16 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I am now on a trip that involves international & domestic multicity plus interline flights (12 segments including 8 on US). My T/A put also my middle name in the reservation (13 characters total - first and middle) and all domestic flight upgrades clered. I was not expecting to get any auto-upgrade e-mails - but they kept comming.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.