Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by zlc
I didn't get the post card, but received an email about the promotion.

was it the 15k promo or another one. i got only 5k
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:22 pm
zlc

Originally Posted by pantanal
was it the 15k promo or another one. i got only 5k
15k, Sept - Nov, $750 spend each month.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I got targeted for this one too. Do I need to register or do anything other than the purchases?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by swesthead
Can you tell me if you've been neglecting the card? I'm hopeful that I'll get a similar offer!
Hubby opened the card late May...did a couple of small purchases that month and has not used it since. He got the targeted for this offer
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

My husband just got this offer. He did a one time spend when he got the card, then nothing. This is the best incentive to use a credit card that I remember. I just got one for a UA card that offered 1.5 points instead of 1 that I thought was interesting - til I read the fine print, and found it was for spend over $2K each month. I think not.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can you call to find out if you are eligible or is it only via the postcards?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can you call to find out if you are eligible or is it only via the postcards?
It's targeted. You'll get a postcard or an email if you're eligible. It appears to be going to people with sock-drawered cards, which I suspect would be a category that includes most FTers, as there's not much reason to use the card for anything except possibly US Air flights.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by zlc
15k, Sept - Nov, $750 spend each month.
I guess I got shortchanged
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I received both the email and mailer. Signed up for the card in April, but haven't used it much < $500
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
I use my US Airways card for just about everything (trying to get my spend up legitimately)... so of course I didn't get this offer as they already know I'll blow through the minimum requirements quickly.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Got the card in June and bought a pack of gum and put the card in the drawer.....I was targeted and made a thread a few weeks ago so I am one of the no use targeted people....will use it for the next 3 months.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Anybody know if the AP trick will work with this offer? I read the fine print that states:

"Net retail purchases do not include things as the purchase of money orders, traveler's checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person to person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance."

I was targeted for it (card has been in the sock drawer since opening it in June) but didn't want to blow $750 of my $1000 monthly on AP for this if it won't work. Anybody else buy $2250 worth of "goods and services" with AP and gotten the points?

Thanks, all!
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
I got the card in May and have only spent $5 on it. Hoping to get the offer--is there any pattern in who gets the offer?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bchips
Anybody know if the AP trick will work with this offer? I read the fine print that states:

"Net retail purchases do not include things as the purchase of money orders, traveler's checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person to person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance."

I was targeted for it (card has been in the sock drawer since opening it in June) but didn't want to blow $750 of my $1000 monthly on AP for this if it won't work. Anybody else buy $2250 worth of "goods and services" with AP and gotten the points?

Thanks, all!
Should...ap always posts as a purchase
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:27 pm

For anyone wanting another data point, I got the card in May, put maybe two charges on it when I got it, another charge or two in July, and got this promotion as well (the $750/month for 15k miles version.) I got notified about this promotion just as I was beginning to work on my $6k of spend for two Citi AA cards, so it's really terrible timing. Still going for it, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.