Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Just got one of these for Oct/Nov/Dec. Have only every previously used the card a couple of times.
Via email or snail mail? TIA for reply!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: US Gold
I received an offer earlier this week for double miles on dining, gas, department stores and toy stores for Oct-Dec (2,500 max bonus). Not the 15k I was hoping for when I saw the mailer but better than nothing I guess. Have had the card for ~6 months and have put less than $500 of spend on it each month.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Via email or snail mail? TIA for reply!
Sorry for the late reply. Email.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by oshelef
I received a new one today. I opened the card in June. Got the usual spend 750 for 3 months for Sept, Oct, Nov. I've put basically minimum spend to get the offers, plus a couple small transactions in March.

Today's offer is 15k for $500 spend for 3 months. The offer has these additional terms: "To receive your bonus miles, your account must be open and in good standing and you must have paid your annual fee." Emphasis in original.

I was just contemplating calling to see if I could get the annual fee waived. Any ideas what getting a waiver of the annual fee will do to this bonus?

I never used my last companion certificate, and i'm somewhat doubtful I'd use the new one. If I can't waive my annual fee that makes this roughly a purchase of miles for .74 cents (cost $89 annual fee, plus 1500 of spend not on my arrival=$122, benefit 16500 miles = .74 cents/mile). That's not bad, but it's not great.
Following up:
Called, and had the annual fee waived as well as a retention offer of 5k points for $1k spend. Met both the $1k spend and the $500/month spend (same spend counted for both), and the 20k points now show as pending. (I did have a card reissued from their end because of fraud concerns, I sent a proactive message to make sure the offers were transferred, and got a canned response to wait 6-8 weeks after the offers expired.) Nice.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by karlmitchell
I got the card successfully right at the start of April, used it just once immediately, and then locked the card away, hoping to get the 15k offer. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have materialized, as people seem to report it after 3-4 months. Has anyone here experienced it taking longer than 4 months? Is there any way to get targeted?
-Karl
I signed up for this card in November last year. My wife got approved a couple weeks after me. She got the 15K offer in Feb or Mar-ish. I never got the offer. However, last week I got an email for 15K after $500 spend in Oct/Nov/Dec. So to receive the bonus I can't cancel at the year mark. I guess I will chock it down to spending $89 for 25,000 miles (15K + 10K annual bonus).

My spend on this card has been basically zero since the initial spend. I think I might have purchased a one-way US Airways fare back in April but can't remember if I used a previous card or this one.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by tree100
I signed up for this card in November last year. My wife got approved a couple weeks after me. She got the 15K offer in Feb or Mar-ish. I never got the offer. However, last week I got an email for 15K after $500 spend in Oct/Nov/Dec. So to receive the bonus I can't cancel at the year mark. I guess I will chock it down to spending $89 for 25,000 miles (15K + 10K annual bonus).

My spend on this card has been basically zero since the initial spend. I think I might have purchased a one-way US Airways fare back in April but can't remember if I used a previous card or this one.
My similar offer does appear to have credited despite a call asking for, and receiving, an waiver of the annual fee. YMMV
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by tree100

When did you receive this offer? My card comes due in November and I have been hoping for that one. I did receive the 2x for spend gas, restaurants and department stores last week.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:27 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
I just got the email offer today as well, for Nov/Dec/Jan.

Are we positive the 10k annual bonus is in addition to this targeted offer, and not instead of?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi

Are we positive the 10k annual bonus is in addition to this targeted offer, and not instead of?
My fiance got her 10K annual bonus and a few days later a card showed up saying if I spent $500 in Nov/Dec/Jan I would get 5,000 bonus miles

The people getting 10K plus 15K really made out.

I have had 3 cards ( just got # 4 a few minutes ago) and I have never received and offer.

Last edited by flyer4512; Oct 29, 2014 at 6:56 pm
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:19 pm

My husband and I both got the spend $500 for Nov. Dec. and Jan for the 15,000. This is in addition to the 10,000 anniversary miles.

I'm also working on on 2 different additional 2x in certain categories up to 2,500.

I really lucked out on this card.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:20 pm

Yes! But the offers say you must pay the $89 annual fee.

I'm wondering if you would still be able to get a statement credit for that. Or would that really be pushing it?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:39 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie

I'm also working on on 2 different additional 2x in certain categories up to 2,500.
Are these non-airfare bonus categories? I don't think I've seen that on my card ever.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:59 pm

Opened in Jul-2014 and have spent a decent amount on the card. No special offers yet.
Should not using the card for some time trigger an offer on their end?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:57 pm

Are these non-airfare bonus categories? I don't think I've seen that on my card ever.
I got an email and a card in the mail that I have to call to activate to get 2 bonus miles on gas, dining and department stores for October thru December up to 2500 miles.

As I knew my year was coming up I called asking about that 3 month for 15,000 and they said I wasn't eligble. I asked for a supervisor and she checked and said I can get 1 bonus mile for gas, groceries and utilities for Oct thru Dec. up to 2500 miles.

As my anniversary date got closer I received in the mail a card about the 15,000 mile offer. I also received an email about my 10,000 anniversary miles.

It's been over 7 months that I have received any offers on my other card. That anniversary is in February. Not pushing it yet as I'm working on this and my husbands card.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by senyah

Opened in Jul-2014 and have spent a decent amount on the card. No special offers yet.
Should not using the card for some time trigger an offer on their end?
Yes.

But they are very inconsistent. When we opened our most recent card my husband and I did the exact same spend. After 3 months I received the 15,000 bonus with $750 spend for 3 months. He did not. I received the bonus miles on spend in certain categories and he didn't. Luckily at our anniversary we both got the 15,000 with $500 spend for 3 months. My sister opened her cards same time as us. Her first card she put spend on and the second she followed our strategy. She has never received any offers at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.