$30 one-way fares (DCA to LIT, JAN, BHM, PNS, VPS & TLH)

Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: I miss US Airways
$30 one-way fares (DCA to LIT, JAN, BHM, PNS, VPS & TLH)

Just announced as part of 30 days for DC on Twitter

http://www.usairways.com/en-us/specials/dcfaresale.html
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Places where no one wants to go to.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by RMINIONE
Places where no one wants to go to.
you've obviously never been to gulf shores, pensacola, or destin area
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:19 pm
Suspended

They seem to be generally available -- but yeah, no place I'd ever want to go. I even toyed with a few trips but a little research confirms there is nothing to do at any of these places, and if I want the FL beach I'll spring a little extra to go to FLL or MIA.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
DCA-LIT - 1,772 tier miles for $60.00....

or 3544 total miles for $60.00.

Throw in the Gold preferred bonus and you're up to 4430 miles for $60 or $0.013 per mile...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: A3 Gold (*A Gold), CC Gold
Originally Posted by ITRADE
DCA-LIT - 1,772 tier miles for $60.00....

or 3544 total miles for $60.00.

Throw in the Gold preferred bonus and you're up to 4430 miles for $60 or $0.013 per mile...
Yeah, I'd totally do it just for the miles (since I'm going to be just shy of *G without this), but can't seem to find anything. Also, anything about same day turns or crediting to another FFP? Didn't see anything in fine print.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:01 pm

There is a DCA-LIT same day turn around on 9/11. But how do you bypass the 1 hours minimum for the same day turn around with the return ticket? Do you book two one ways? The return flight will be on the same plane so most of the IRROPS are covered but what if there is overbooking and you will arrive in a different plane?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I went ahead and bought a roundtrip to PNS. It's going to mean a long drive up from Durham but I've been meaning to go to the Museum of Naval Aviation for a while and fares out of RDU have been really high to PNS. Even with a hotel in the D.C. Area and two tanks of gas this will be less. Plus, when else am I going to fly DCA-PNS on an awful CRJ-200?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Plusflyer
There is a DCA-LIT same day turn around on 9/11. But how do you bypass the 1 hours minimum for the same day turn around with the return ticket? Do you book two one ways? The return flight will be on the same plane so most of the IRROPS are covered but what if there is overbooking and you will arrive in a different plane?
I booked a one night. I've got a gazillion Hilton miles. Or I can priceline it.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
Its gone!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by LowlySpartan
Yeah, I'd totally do it just for the miles (since I'm going to be just shy of *G without this), but can't seem to find anything. Also, anything about same day turns or crediting to another FFP? Didn't see anything in fine print.
Can't do same-day turns for the double miles promo
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Just wish they'd do things like this out of Philly. I know this is being done because of the "30 Days for DC" month, but it would be nice if they did random things like this at other airports as well. I would've jumped on this...and destination can be made into a good weekend.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Just wish they'd do things like this out of Philly. I know this is being done because of the "30 Days for DC" month, but it would be nice if they did random things like this at other airports as well. I would've jumped on this...and destination can be made into a good weekend.
Hey man, if I can drive from Durham, North Carolina to Washington D.C. you can certainly drive from Philadelphia. Or take one of many Amtrak trains.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Can't do same-day turns for the double miles promo
According to the fine print of the double miles promo, you cannot do same-day turn X-DCA-X as it will be considered a connection but you can do DCA-X-DCA.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Where are these places and what is there to do ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.