Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 24, 12, 11:07 am   #1

US airways to United MP ?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm trying to book a flight from JFK to Sydney. Its 80,000 points on united.com I currently have 40K Chase UR points, I want to open the following card http://www.mostmiles.com/Chairmans , would I be able to transfer those points to a United MP account ?

Thank you.
dell614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 12, 11:16 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: US Dougie's Preferred, UA Gate Louse, HH Diamond, National Emerald Club, TSA Disparager Gold
No. Best you could do with those points is a *A award on UA. US miles are US miles unfortunately.

You could probably do a transfer thru points.com if UA's still participating (CO did), but you'd likely get a horrid exchange rate that wouldn't be worth it.

With UR points, if you can swing it, you can book the ticket thru Chase and use the UR points as a discount on the ticket. That way you could still earn PQMs and RDMs that you could credit back to either US or UA.