Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 10, 12, 7:30 am   #1

Got declined on US Business card

I did a app o Rama last night and I got approved for 4 cards except the US barclays business card. Guy i talked to on the reconsideration line was a jerk. Asked me a million questions about my business then finally said "we feel we have granted you enough credit with your US personal card and we would like to see your spending habits on that card for another 6-12 months before we want to get you this card too.

Annoyed. My credit is in mid 700s. Should I call recon line again to see if I can get nicer person? Thanks guys!
dtp1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 12, 7:49 am   #2
PHL

Programs: AA Gold, US Gold, HH Dia
Probably not. They use their own algorithms and other metrics to make this decision. Also, having so many hard inquiries in a short period of time is a detriment to your credit in the short term.

Also, the 4 cards you opened extended your credit further. Suppose each of them has a $5K limit. That's $20K of new credit for you. Despite your score, that will also weigh in future creditor decisions.
PHL is offline   Reply With Quote