Wiki Posts
Search

Do I still get my US miles? US/UA/DL situation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Do I still get my US miles? US/UA/DL situation

I was on a UA flight and had entered my US number. I volunteered to get of the UA flight (for $400!) and was put on a later DL flight from a different airport. Is there any way to still get my US miles for the UA flight that I was supposed to be on? If I volunteered to get off a US flight, would I still have gotten my US miles, or does this situation only apply when an IDB occurs?

Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
Originally Posted by tacostuff
I was on a UA flight and had entered my US number. I volunteered to get of the UA flight (for $400!) and was put on a later DL flight from a different airport. Is there any way to still get my US miles for the UA flight that I was supposed to be on? If I volunteered to get off a US flight, would I still have gotten my US miles, or does this situation only apply when an IDB occurs?

Thanks
There is no way to get the US miles since you were rebooked on an airline that's not a partner of US. You can however still get UA miles if you are a member of their program or even DL miles.

If you were booked on a US flight and then US rebooked you on DL, you would have then been able to still get US miles.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
You can get miles on UA but not US since it was booked through UA
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by tacostuff

Thanks
Was it originally booked as a US Codeshare? You might be able to request original routing credit through DM...
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
Was it originally booked as a US Codeshare? You might be able to request original routing credit through DM...
Doesnt matter since the operating carrier of the original flight is not US.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Was it originally booked as a US Codeshare? You might be able to request original routing credit through DM.
Nope. It is a UA ticket that I added my US number to.

Thanks all for the responses. I figured I would be out of luck, but if there was going to be a way, one of us would know it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.