Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Consolidated) > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 23, 12, 8:58 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 3,510
Great experience on US Express First Class

I couldn't find a master thread on US Airways Express First Class by searching, but please consolidate if one exists and I missed it.

Just wanted to note that I finally had my first E-175 flight on Republic/US Airways Express since they installed First Class, and the flight was great. Just a short BOS-PHL, but it felt exactly like mainline on the E190 maybe even better since the Republic crew seemed to have a little extra spring in its step.

Exact same seat and cabin feel as the E190 (though one row smaller). Offer of pre-departure beverage. Attentive service with multiple drink refills and snack basket passes in the air.

As we pushed back, I was actually caught off-guard when the FA said "Welcome aboard US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines" in her announcement, as I had honestly forgotten that I was on express. The whole experience just felt like mainline.

Well done, US.

More broadly, I was very pleasantly surprised with US this trip (BOS to Florida via Philadelphia). I hadn't been on US for a few months, but it seems like US has been stepping up its game. Preferred Access lanes at all gates and agents actually protected and honored the lanes. Very friendly and attentive service at the gates, clubs, aboard, etc. I missed Wi-Fi which I've taken for granted mostly flying with Delta, but that will be on the domestic fleet soon. Snack basket offerings were nice for a change and seemed better to me than what I've grown bored by on Delta.
BizJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 12, 9:57 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CLT
Programs: US Air CP/HHonors/Marriott
Posts: 133
Express staff doesn't have years of jaded experiences to ruin them.

Republic rocks....
beergolftile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 12, 6:23 am   #3
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HPN/FLL/DCA
Programs: US Chairman (0.132MM), DL dirt, A3, AA twig
Posts: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergolftile View Post
Express staff doesn't have years of jaded experiences to ruin them.

Republic rocks....
+1. I'm sure that there are plenty of anecdotes out there to the contrary, but out of my est. 18 Republic segments since going to US 100% of the time, I've only had good experiences w/ Republic crews (in striking contrast to Mesa). As far as experiences w/ other pax on Republic flights, that's a different (and unrelated) issue.
__________________
'13: DCA,CLT,FLL,HPN,LGA,SFO,RDU,PHL,BWI,LAX,SAN,EWR, BOS,SEA,DFW,ARN,PHX,MCO,ANC,BRW
'14: DCA,CLT,EWR,PDX,IAH,MXP
PaceLaw2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 12, 9:11 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: DCA/IAD - US - Gold; Star - Gold; HHonors - Silver; AA; UA
Posts: 2,972
Hate to say it, but I'm really starting to like the CRJ - as long as its one with F class...Incredibly quiet up front.
IADCAflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 12, 8:29 am   #5
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA - DCA
Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
Posts: 4,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergolftile View Post
Republic rocks....
This.

I'm a big fan of Republic and their crews.
geo1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 12, 3:30 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 158
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1005 View Post
This.

I'm a big fan of Republic and their crews.
+1. Great crews!
jwhite4304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 12, 4:42 am   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergolftile View Post
Express staff doesn't have years of jaded experiences to ruin them.
Oh we have our outwardly jaded people.... But the majority of us know how to keep that to ourselves and not take it out on our passengers.... Make no mistake we have our issues that our executive management is choosing to ignore

Quote:
Originally Posted by beergolftile View Post
Republic rocks....
Thank you I hope you all still feel that way in the next few months!
__________________
My flight memory On A Wing and a Prayer International Airline employees helping children in developing countries Facebook
cwe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 12, 9:14 am   #8
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alexandria, VA - DCA
Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
Posts: 4,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwe84 View Post
Thank you I hope you all still feel that way in the next few months!


Do you know something we don't know?!?!

Hopefully you are referring only to the busy summer season ahead!
geo1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 12, 9:17 am   #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CLT
Programs: Member FFOCUS/Choice Gold
Posts: 6,895
Op, thanks. Always great to hear these reports.
__________________
Opinions expressed here are my own & not that of my employer or any other organization.
coachrowsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 12, 10:31 am   #10
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizJet View Post
I couldn't find a master thread on US Airways Express First Class by searching, but please consolidate if one exists and I missed it.

Just wanted to note that I finally had my first E-175 flight on Republic/US Airways Express since they installed First Class, and the flight was great. Just a short BOS-PHL, but it felt exactly like mainline on the E190 maybe even better since the Republic crew seemed to have a little extra spring in its step.

Exact same seat and cabin feel as the E190 (though one row smaller). Offer of pre-departure beverage. Attentive service with multiple drink refills and snack basket passes in the air.

As we pushed back, I was actually caught off-guard when the FA said "Welcome aboard US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines" in her announcement, as I had honestly forgotten that I was on express. The whole experience just felt like mainline.

Well done, US.

More broadly, I was very pleasantly surprised with US this trip (BOS to Florida via Philadelphia). I hadn't been on US for a few months, but it seems like US has been stepping up its game. Preferred Access lanes at all gates and agents actually protected and honored the lanes. Very friendly and attentive service at the gates, clubs, aboard, etc. I missed Wi-Fi which I've taken for granted mostly flying with Delta, but that will be on the domestic fleet soon. Snack basket offerings were nice for a change and seemed better to me than what I've grown bored by on Delta.
Write to US Airways so that the crew gets recognized for such excellent service.
fly747first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 12, 5:51 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1005 View Post


Do you know something we don't know?!?!

Hopefully you are referring only to the busy summer season ahead!
No not just a reference to the busy summer season...

I think everyone can google our pilot situation not to mention that we are taking on 28 more Q400's to fly for United. Strained is going to be the word around here.
__________________
My flight memory On A Wing and a Prayer International Airline employees helping children in developing countries Facebook
cwe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 12, 12:29 am   #12
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CLT
Programs: US Air CP/HHonors/Marriott
Posts: 133
Well, I think the upgrading of the RJs to first class is one of the reasons (probably in the top 2 or 3) that I have continued to fly US.

Living in CLT, I have to fly out of RDU or GSO due to the high prices conflicting with my company's budget on travel. Therefore, I end up on a lot of these planes that now have first class. It's a real treat for a 6'4" individual like myself.

Though it's a issue for another thread, CLT is silly with their pricing and has made me seriously consider a status match with another airline since Im having to connect anyway...

$100 is no big deal, but 500-800 dollars is enough to make the decsion different.
beergolftile is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.