Wiki Posts
Search

connecting with Cape Air in BOS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, HHonors Silver
connecting with Cape Air in BOS

Will be going to Nantucket in late September (after US stops seasonal service there, unfortunately) so will probably be flying to Boston and then taking Cape Air to ACK. Can anyone advise how much time we should allow in Boston to make this connection? We will be checking bags.

I think this would be easier if we were to fly UA (a search on their website includes the connection with Cape Air) but we have to fly US metal in order to take advantage of the $99 companion fare.

Our only other previous experience with Cape Air has been a day trip from ACK to the Vineyard so I'm not familiar with their setup in a large airport.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
Cape Air is in terminal "C'. You will need to change from Terminal "B" and re clear TSA. I think you would want 1 1/2 hours at least to be safe.

Last edited by bfloref; Jun 12, 2012 at 12:14 am
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by bfloref
Cape Air is in terminal "C'. You will need to change from Terminal "B" and re clear TSA. I would like you would want 1 1/2 hours at least to be safe.
If your heart is not set on using the $99 certs, you might be better off snagging a seat on UA... that way you'd be in the same terminal at least.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Not sure if Cape Air is flying from PVD at that time but if they are it would be a "piece of cake" connection as gates are very near.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the PVD suggestion. Unfortunately, Cape Air is not flying that route at that time.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond + 1MM; AA Gold; UA Gold
Getting to MVY

Your other option is to fly Jetblue, which also lands at terminal C (so long as you are flying from a city that JetBlue serves).
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by finny52
Your other option is to fly Jetblue, which also lands at terminal C (so long as you are flying from a city that JetBlue serves).
Considering that, B6 serves MVY directly from JFK... although it is seasonal and I'm not sure if it'll still be flying in September.

EDIT: No dice, MVY service stops after Labor Day (though ACK is bookable through the end of September)

Last edited by thomwithanh; Jun 12, 2012 at 4:15 pm
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta Dirt (fmr Plat), US Airways CP, Continental Silver, Marriott (almost LT) Plat, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by finny52
IIRC B6 also sells the ACK flights as a code share, if you want a complete (and thus potentially less risky) option.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
If your heart is not set on using the $99 certs, you might be better off snagging a seat on UA... that way you'd be in the same terminal at least.
Unfortunately, you can't count on that anymore -- since the merger, UA now uses both terminals A and C. Pre-merger UA destinations depart from C, and pre-merger CO destinations depart from A -- but they aren't consistent about arrivals. If the plane is flying ORD-BOS-EWR, for instance, it'll land in A.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dtremit
Unfortunately, you can't count on that anymore -- since the merger, UA now uses both terminals A and C. Pre-merger UA destinations depart from C, and pre-merger CO destinations depart from A -- but they aren't consistent about arrivals. If the plane is flying ORD-BOS-EWR, for instance, it'll land in A.
I don't believe that US will transfer checked bags. So, you will have to claim your bags and recheck and go through security. Logan is small so getting from terminal B to Terminal C is no big deal. Security, you never know.

I believe as a code share UA will transfer your bags, this skips one step. But if you come into terminal A you will have to go through security again, if you come into terminal to C no security check.

If the $99 tickets are a big cost save and you have a decent connection time I'd go US. If the cost save is not that much and the connect time is short I'd go UA.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice. Would love to be able to do UA for the convenience but some in my group really need to save the money by using the $99 companion certificate on US. I can't seem to convince them that since we have a free place to stay in Nantucket it is OK to spend more on airfare. But then again, the only reason some of them are going is because we DO have a free place to stay - they'd like the plane tickets to be free too!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: Free Agent
Does the B-C connection still require a security re-check?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA GS
Yes. There is no transfer inside security between B and C at Logan.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:13 pm

What gates does cape air typically use at C terminal for its nantucket flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.