Is seat 1D (starboard bulkhead aisle) on CRJ-200 a bad seat?

Old May 15, 2012, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Quick question:

I had to book a last minute trip on a US Airways Express flight... 1D and 11D were the only remaining seats. Just wondering if I should switch to 11D. I realize there's no such thing as comfortable seats on the CRJs, but which seat has better legroom?
Old May 15, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by CenterWaters
... which seat has better legroom?
It's not your legs you want to worry about - it's your back Those seats must be the most uncomfortable seats in the air.
If you have no luggage with you or just a laptop bag, I'd take row 1 so that you'll be the first off.
Old May 15, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
1D is my seat of choice on the CRJ. I'm 6'5" and I don't like my knees digging into the metal tray table bars.

You won't have a ton of room to stretch, but I feel like the bulkhead is less claustrophobic than any other seat on that horrible plane.
Old May 15, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: free agent
I used to fly a lot on route served by the CRJ200 and the Dash8 - I'd always pick the Dash8 flights if I could - if you're going to be uncomfortable, at least the Dash8 is kinda fun.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Quick question:

I had to book a last minute trip on a US Airways Express flight... 1D and 11D were the only remaining seats. Just wondering if I should switch to 11D. I realize there's no such thing as comfortable seats on the CRJs, but which seat has better legroom?
Any time I assigned myself row 1 on either a CR2 or Dash-8, Ive been asked to move over W&B issues. Though flights out of BGM are rarely even half full... so it may not matter on your flight.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thomwithanh
Any time I assigned myself row 1 on either a CR2 or Dash-8, Ive been asked to move over W&B issues. Though flights out of BGM are rarely even half full... so it may not matter on your flight.

W&B issues? How do they even know about it? (unless you didn't mean "wake and bake" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=W%26B )
Old May 15, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: US Airways Silver Preferred
W&B issues? How do they even know about it? (unless you didn't mean "wake and bake" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=W%26B )
Weight and balance
Old May 15, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
1D is much better. You get off the plane quicker, which is like escaping a small flying hell.
Old May 15, 2012, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
. . .
Is seat 1D (starboard bulkhead aisle) on CRJ-200 a bad seat? . . .
All seats on CRJ-200 are bad in terms of legroom. But if you sit in 1D, you will spend less time in that flying pencil box.
Old May 15, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
The OP doesn't note whether they're a US preferred who can get exit row and preferred seating without extra fees, but if so, I strongly prefer the exit row aisles (8C/8D). Better legroom and you generally don't get moved due to weight and balance as you're pretty close to the center of the cabin. I'm about 6 foot and find the legroom OK, though five inches taller might still put knees on row 7.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
there are really no good seats on the devil's chariot
Old May 16, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by WIRunner
there are really no good seats on the devil's chariot
Or prison ship.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:33 pm

So the exit row seats in the CRJ 200 ain't so great? Where am I gonna put my 6' 3" hubby with really long legs! :-) (we are both plat so usually have a choice).
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by scubamom
So the exit row seats in the CRJ 200 ain't so great? Where am I gonna put my 6' 3" hubby with really long legs! :-) (we are both plat so usually have a choice).
you get maybe an inch, plus the seats don't recline in front of you. He's probably gonna have to sit sideways. Bulkhead would probably be a better option though. Its not going to be comfortable no matter where you sit.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by scubamom
They're slightly, and I mean slightly, better.

Whenever I get on one of those hell holes I wonder how some of you do it every week. It is just absolutely awful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.