Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PRE-Check & US preferreds (Update: Now with PreCheck noted on boarding passes)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
https://membership.usairways.com/en-...ntraveler.html

It also says Pre-Check is at DCA, CLT, PHX, and PHL ... anybody know when it's coming?

I got to try Pre-Check in ATL this weekend and it was a speedy experience and look forward to it at DCA!
Old May 30, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cedarjustin
I just noticed that on my US Airways account page, it now has a little symbol indicating that I am subscribed for TSA Pre-Check. I don't remember seeing this before, and think it might be new today.

My home airport is DCA, and they've had it going for other airlines already, so I'll be happy to see it start for US.
Thanks for the post. I forgot I signed up for this but I checked my page and it is there and it is on my wife's page too. Now I hope to see the benefits in PHL soon.
Old May 30, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
Originally Posted by jdawg
https://membership.usairways.com/en-...ntraveler.html

It also says Pre-Check is at DCA, CLT, PHX, and PHL ... anybody know when it's coming?

I got to try Pre-Check in ATL this weekend and it was a speedy experience and look forward to it at DCA!

Never got an opt-in e-mail invitation from US despite being Platinum, despite my home airport being CLT, despite being a U.S. citizen who was born in this country, and despite the fact that I fly every couple of weeks. Wow. Maybe the TSA thinks I'm suspicious because I'm only in my 20s and have this status already?

Last edited by blueheronNC; May 30, 2012 at 8:54 am
Old May 30, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, *A Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by blueheronNC
Never got an opt-in e-mail invitation from US despite being Platinum, despite my home airport being CLT, despite being a U.S. citizen who was born in this country, and despite the fact that I fly every couple of weeks. Wow. Maybe the TSA thinks I'm suspicious because I'm only in my 20s and have this status already?
I doubt this helps at all, but it does show on my account and im a 20 something US citizen platinum based in CLT; hope yours appears soon! Maybe contact dividend miles?
Old May 30, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I am also a 20 something US citizen platinum based in CLT and it shows on mine. Any way to add my wife to the pre-check for when we travel together?
Old May 30, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, *A Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by beofotch
I am also a 20 something US citizen platinum based in CLT and it shows on mine. Any way to add my wife to the pre-check for when we travel together?
I wonder if you could just use the "she's with me" line as you walk through? Have done that dozens of times in the first class/elite line with non-FC/non-elite friends/coworkers/family and never had an issue? Wonder if they'd be concerned for security with that approach.

No other idea how to add a wife but it seems like a common scenario that many will also inquire about.
Old May 30, 2012, 5:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by blueheronNC
I never got an invitation either. I emailed the Chairman desk to ask about it and they said that during the 'testing' phase it was by invite only. I asked them to double check and see if I was on the list and they responded that I had not been given an invitation.

Oh well. Hopefully it will go live quickly.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: US Chair | SPG Life/Plat | Nat'l Exec Elite
Just paid $100 fee for Global Entry... which automatically entitles me to PreCheck. Hope application gets approved in time for July 10 launch.... we shall see ^
Old May 31, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: USAir Gold, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
CLT is my home base & I fly to PHX often. I'm guessing that since CLT & PHX are on their new list to expand, that's how I qualified. I'm barely US Gold each year. Hope this helps.

I never received an INVITE email, but while managing tickets online yesterday, I received a POP-UP saying that I was now invited to participate in the TSA Precheck.

Excited to use the new lane when it opens.
Old May 31, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I had previously received the invite and have the TSA precheck logo in my DM account now. I only fly US out of PHX about four times a year, but it will be worth skipping the circus.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I was invited as well, but I only fly out of CLT once per year and never out of PHX. Hopefully we will see it at BOS in the near future.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Strange. I have the PRE-Check icon but never received an invite. Seems like the shining star called US IT strikes again.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by steve65341
Strange. I have the PRE-Check icon but never received an invite. Seems like the shining star called US IT strikes again.
Does it say "Subscribed" next to yours?

OM
Old May 31, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
I just added my NEXUS card number to my DM profile... will the Pre Check logo appear or do I need to wait for the opt-in e-mail on top of it.
Old May 31, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Ottermatic
Does it say "Subscribed" next to yours?

OM
It doesn't. Just a link for "Learn more".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.