Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you place USAirways award ticket on hold?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Fast forward into OW alliance...

Do US Airways partner awards can still be put on hold? If not, what's the cancellation charge on them?
I made a reservation earlier this evening which has a combination of BA and AB flights and was told I could put it on a 60-hour (2 1/2 day) hold. The US website says 72 hours but the agent said 60 was the max for partner awards. Cancellation/redeposit fees after ticketing are $150 for non-elites.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 9:34 pm

Has anybody been able to extend a hold with OW airlines? Recently? I'm in an SPG transfer dilemma too and 2 of the flights have only 1 seat left

Originally Posted by KevinInRI
I made a reservation earlier this evening which has a combination of BA and AB flights and was told I could put it on a 60-hour (2 1/2 day) hold. The US website says 72 hours but the agent said 60 was the max for partner awards. Cancellation/redeposit fees after ticketing are $150 for non-elites.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:54 pm

Has anybody recently tried to put an award ticket on hold? Did the hold stick? My miles will be in my account in about a week, at most, and there's only one seat left for one of my segments.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 MM, HHonors Diamond
I was able to put an AA award ticket on hold for about six days. The award had three US segments and one BA segment. Not sure if this applies the other way around when booking through US.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I put an award ticket on hold (booked on phone). Can I view it online? Not finding a way to do it. The "manage my trip" tab doesn't recognize the PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.