Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to PNR with CP Cert Applied

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Changes to PNR with CP Cert Applied

I did a quick search but with the search strings literally hundreds of threads came up, so I'm sure this is covered somewhere...

Anyway, to the question at hand.

Of course, was a CP last year, and am a CP this year (till Feb 2014). I have a summer itinerary booked to FRA using the 2012 CP certs (which expired Feb 28, 2013). I'm looking at changing the outbound flight (just the date, but possibly destination as well, also within Europe). Of course, I know there needs to be J availability, but here's the Q - if anyone has done this -

1. Do I get to retain the CP cert application and can also Envoy the newly changed flight? I know I have to pay change fee, fare difference, etc.; and

2. My 2013 (exp 2/28/14) certs are still unused - I'm hoping I can change this August 2013 itinerary and still use that same last year CP Cert to the changed flight, and not touch/use my current CP certs. PNR should stay the same, and even my return flight is still the same.

Anyone with experience and can opine? Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
I did a quick search but with the search strings literally hundreds of threads came up, so I'm sure this is covered somewhere...

Anyway, to the question at hand.

Of course, was a CP last year, and am a CP this year (till Feb 2014). I have a summer itinerary booked to FRA using the 2012 CP certs (which expired Feb 28, 2013). I'm looking at changing the outbound flight (just the date, but possibly destination as well, also within Europe). Of course, I know there needs to be J availability, but here's the Q - if anyone has done this -

1. Do I get to retain the CP cert application and can also Envoy the newly changed flight? I know I have to pay change fee, fare difference, etc.; and

2. My 2013 (exp 2/28/14) certs are still unused - I'm hoping I can change this August 2013 itinerary and still use that same last year CP Cert to the changed flight, and not touch/use my current CP certs. PNR should stay the same, and even my return flight is still the same.

Anyone with experience and can opine? Thanks.
Yes, they can redeposit CP certs and then you can reuse them.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by burlax
Yes, they can redeposit CP certs and then you can reuse them.
Yeah, but these are CP certs that would have expired/need to be used by February 28, 2013. I used them, on Feb 28, 2013, to book a flight in Aug 2013... that I now need to change. Sure I can redeposit CP certs past its "shelf life" and reuse?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 3:16 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by Insiderdude
Yeah, but these are CP certs that would have expired/need to be used by February 28, 2013. I used them, on Feb 28, 2013, to book a flight in Aug 2013... that I now need to change. Sure I can redeposit CP certs past its "shelf life" and reuse?
If they should have expired, then no, you wouldn't be able to reuse them. Otherwise, everyone would be applying certs and then redepositing for reuse, which would defeat the purpose of the expiration date.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by burlax
If they should have expired, then no, you wouldn't be able to reuse them. Otherwise, everyone would be applying certs and then redepositing for reuse, which would defeat the purpose of the expiration date.
I'm 99.9% sure you'd loose them and I don't think this is something a sympathetic agent at the Chairman's desk could work around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.