Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RDU USAirways club open now...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I liked the large CLT club (especially the quiet room) more than the RDU club. It seemed a bit nicer inside, even though its older than the RDU club.

I've got some pics of the RDU club here.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:38 pm
formerly RZachSmith

Originally Posted by DCdeacon
I don't think this is correct. I'm looking at the complimentary day pass that came with my Mastercard, and it specifically says "You do not need to present this pass in order to gain access to the US Airways Club. Instead, you must present your US Airways Dividend Miles number along with a valid photo ID."

So to me, this sounds like it works the same way the pass works that you get from the "Special Dividends" in your account. It's just in the Club computer system, and it's good for 24 hours once you use it.
You may be correct, but this will not be what they tell you when you go to check in. I tried to do this flying DCA-CLT-LAS with a 2 hour layover in CLT. I arrived at DCA with a little free time and went up to the lounge and asked if I could use my pass both there and in CLT. They said no, if I used it there I was done. So I saved it for the layover in CLT. Feel free to try it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by RZachSmith
You may be correct, but this will not be what they tell you when you go to check in. I tried to do this flying DCA-CLT-LAS with a 2 hour layover in CLT. I arrived at DCA with a little free time and went up to the lounge and asked if I could use my pass both there and in CLT. They said no, if I used it there I was done. So I saved it for the layover in CLT. Feel free to try it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I've never had a problem with this. Last year when I used the day pass that I received through the "Special Dividends" for example, they looked up the pass number in the computer at the club at LAX, and then they looked it up again in CLT a few hours later, saw it was still valid, and in I went.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:39 pm
formerly RZachSmith

I've never had a problem with this. Last year when I used the day pass that I received through the "Special Dividends" for example, they looked up the pass number in the computer at the club at LAX, and then they looked it up again in CLT a few hours later, saw it was still valid, and in I went.
Well that's good to know. It sounds like I was given misinformation by the DCA lounge agent (and it wasn't worth the risk to test it). It sounds like the "smart" way to do this may be to not present the voucher, but to just show up and provide your DM#
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I liked the large CLT club (especially the quiet room) more than the RDU club. It seemed a bit nicer inside, even though its older than the RDU club.

I've got some pics of the RDU club here.
Given the level US service in RDU, the club is decent and roughly right sized. I just wish the restrooms were larger - they're only one person at a time in the mens' and womens' rooms.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by phlwookie
Given the level US service in RDU, the club is decent and roughly right sized. I just wish the restrooms were larger - they're only one person at a time in the mens' and womens' rooms.
Good point. I had forgotten that. Under certain circumstances, can be a buzz-kill.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: US CP, DL PM
Originally Posted by RZachSmith
Well that's good to know. It sounds like I was given misinformation by the DCA lounge agent (and it wasn't worth the risk to test it). It sounds like the "smart" way to do this may be to not present the voucher, but to just show up and provide your DM#
Thanks guys. I do have one special dividends pass and one from the MC so maybe it's worth it to try the special dividends pass by presenting DM # and check out both RDU and CLT lounges.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I think the Special Dividends passes work differently than how the MasterCard passes used to work. Before becoming a club member, I remember asking numerous different club desk agents if I could enter the club again on the same day after surrendering the day pass, and each said no, that it is a one-time use pass, essentially not a "day pass" as they advertise it to be. However, I've just read over the one that came with my MasterCard anniversary kit this year and I'm thinking that you may be right. If the Special Dividends pass allows multiple entries on a given day, then it looks like the MasterCard one should work the same way now.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta/Gold
RDU Club style

I just visited the US Airways Club at RDU yesterday and have to say it was quite nice. It's mall but has a different style than many other clubs and a lot less boring in its decor. Great place to relax.
Old May 30, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Can I get into this club with a United Club membership?

Hi all I am wondering if my UA Club membership will get me into this club and if so for how long given the upcoming AA merger. Am trying to decide if I should use AA miles for an Admirals Club membership. Alot of my AA travel will be to RDU hence the question. As of today the only club membership I have is UA. I am *Gold on UA (platinum) and also now have a AA status match at the platinum level so the club membership is cheaper than it would have been.
Old May 30, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: A few
Probably better getting an Amex plat which would get you in the us club regardless of who you are flying with, and the dl or aa lounges if you are flying with those airlines
Old May 30, 2013, 1:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by businesstraveller2
Hi all I am wondering if my UA Club membership will get me into this club and if so for how long given the upcoming AA merger. Am trying to decide if I should use AA miles for an Admirals Club membership. Alot of my AA travel will be to RDU hence the question. As of today the only club membership I have is UA. I am *Gold on UA (platinum) and also now have a AA status match at the platinum level so the club membership is cheaper than it would have been.
I would imagine your UA membership will get you in at least for the rest of the year, probably into next year too. As I'm sure you noticed, there have been no changes so far on the FF/Alliance standpoint so you're definitely safe for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.